Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: nairb on May 29, 2021, 04:48:45 PM
-
Is there such a thing as an Accurate cb550k3 wiring diagram for a 1976 550K3. I have what I believe is a 1976 550K3 from new. BUT I needed to look at several wiring diagrams to fine one that almost fits the bike.
The Haynes manual fits the best (shock)and thats for the cb550F. The strange thing is.....when I ordered some new throttle cables for a cb550K3 a while ago from dss they did not fit...... In the end a CB550F throttle cable did. I have long wondered if the bike I bought new from a shop in Peterborough was actually an F1/F2 disguised as an K3. It was the last year before the cx500 arrived in the showrooms and I suspect the bike shop was keen to be rid of the old 550's.
-
I have not heard of a 1976 K3. K3 was from 1977 on. Anyway, here a link to the Shop Manual CB500-550 which contains addenda for the CB550K2 '76 as well as the K3. Wiring diagram K2 is in p.172, K3 (three different diagrams) are in p.182-4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/88zdzlj8olqi8pl/Honda%20CB500_CB550%20%20Four%20Service%20Manual.pdf?dl=0
-
I have a digital copy of the k3 suppliment which has 3 wiring diagrams, if you want i can email it to you. The f models have a junction box under the tank where as the k3 many wires join in the headlamp, so quite different.
-
I have not heard of a 1976 K3. K3 was from 1977 on.
Mmmm, I thought it was a 76 model. Or I thought I purchased it in 76. So I managed to dig out its invoice from that time. See below.
[attach=1]
And it plainly says 20-01-78. So there we go. And it does say New CB550K3. Funny how the new clutch cable is to long and the K3 throttle cables dont fit. Maybe I dident get the right ones. The frame/engine numbers are correct for a k3.
The European type wiring diagram seems to be the one.
Thanks
Nairb
-
Does the swinging arm have closed ends or removable blocks?
Just checked... they are removable blocks.
It had 4-into-4 exhausts and looked like a K3 when it arrived.
It was "Ken Ives(1975 Ltd)" of Leicester, anybody remember them?? from years ago, who thought it was a re-badged F1/F2. Anyway its been to Italy twice and Paris 3 times in its younger days. So whatever it is, its done good and never broken down - except for a puncture or 2.
And now its finally back on the road.
Thanks
Nairb