Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 01, 2021, 05:57:05 PM

Title: What is this part please ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 01, 2021, 05:57:05 PM
Can't remember what this is it looks like some sort of stop - it has an O ring it looks like it's made from alloy ?

Do I need to fit it inside before I fasten up the crankcase?


(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51218399573_ca7622ef1c_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2m2ZFLH)what is this part (https://flic.kr/p/2m2ZFLH) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
Title: Re: What is this part please ?
Post by: Laverda Dave on June 01, 2021, 06:04:01 PM
It's the oil gallery end plug Ted. It fits in the alternator end with the 'pip' being held in place by the alternator casting. Make sure you renew the O-ring👍.
Title: Re: What is this part please ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 01, 2021, 06:51:28 PM
It's the oil gallery end plug Ted. It fits in the alternator end with the 'pip' being held in place by the alternator casting. Make sure you renew the O-ring👍.

Thanks I'm guessing 'O' ring isn't included with a normal gasket set.

I did get a set of O rings from NJ for the screw in end caps so there might be one in that set I will take a look  - thanks Dave.
Title: Re: What is this part please ?
Post by: philward on June 01, 2021, 07:00:24 PM
Try Julie for the o'ring - I got one for the 500 build from Julie
Title: Re: What is this part please ?
Post by: Bryanj on June 01, 2021, 10:11:35 PM
And dont try starting the engine without the generatorcasing on or you will e trying to find that plug along with using bags of kitty litter
Title: Re: What is this part please ?
Post by: paul G on June 02, 2021, 07:46:55 AM
And dont try starting the engine without the generatorcasing on or you will e trying to find that plug along with using bags of kitty litter

I'll second that and don't ask me how I know  ::)
Title: Re: What is this part please ?
Post by: Bryanj on June 02, 2021, 05:21:33 PM
Same way i do!!