Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: billdn on June 15, 2021, 06:48:37 PM
-
Well after a fight and a lot of swearing managed to remove the sprocket bolt dampers/ bushes whatever they're called in the hub!
Now before I refit the replacements someone must have done it before so any tips/advice BEFORE I start more cussing and blaspheming!
in my mind I feel that I should put replacement bushes in freezer for a spell- akin to bearing fitting and possible local heat on the hub too at the time of fitting, but to apply oil/grease to aid fitting or not is the question , the old ones don't appear to have any or it's evaporated over the years.
Also do they just pop in (ha ha ;) ) or need pressing in . as I said thought I'd ask first for the sake of my and the wife's sanity!
-
Well I've replaced them but they seem to be marginally lower than those on another hub.
Is this a problem, as I don't want to take them out ?
Or should I pack the gap between sprocket bolt and Bush with a washer?
The difference is minimal.