Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: totty on February 06, 2010, 05:24:14 PM

Title: Spark plug socket
Post by: totty on February 06, 2010, 05:24:14 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can find a spark plug socket that will fit the middle two plugs?

Cheers

Allan

I've just been reminded how much I hate messing about with points, the scimitar was bad enough till I went electronic but 2 little fiddly sets is even worse.
Title: Re: Spark plug socket
Post by: matthewmosse on February 06, 2010, 06:55:03 PM
Lathe and make it fit that way (if the physical size of a sockett you have is the problem), the plug spanner size seems to be a bit difficult to get outside of a sockett set. A good hardware shop should stock then individually though. Plug spanners are sized by thread diameter it seems, the 500 /550's use a 12 mm one.
Title: Re: Spark plug socket
Post by: mhirst121 on February 06, 2010, 09:09:10 PM
David Silver do a plug spanner.
Title: Re: Spark plug socket
Post by: totty on February 06, 2010, 09:41:17 PM
I bought an individual socket but it's too bulky and I don't have a lathe. I'll try silvers.
Title: Re: Spark plug socket
Post by: matthewmosse on February 06, 2010, 10:19:23 PM
shame your not closer, I could thin a sockett down easily enough, had to do it for swing arm bearings on my beemers before now.
Title: Re: Spark plug socket
Post by: Bryanj on February 07, 2010, 12:21:30 AM
Honda part number 89216-323-000 is the one from the tool kit and best one for the job
Title: Re: Spark plug socket
Post by: pae on February 07, 2010, 11:26:15 AM
lot of genuine Honda ones come up on ebay. Not sure what you'll need but I got a CX500 one for only a few quid that fits my 650 fine,

Phil
Title: Re: Spark plug socket
Post by: totty on February 07, 2010, 04:10:50 PM
Thanks everyone, I've just bought one off ebay that looks like it should do the job.