Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Skoti on February 09, 2010, 05:48:00 PM

Title: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: Skoti on February 09, 2010, 05:48:00 PM
Hi,

my CB750F1 handle bars are a touch wider and taller than standard which makes the clutch cable stretch when on full left lock.

Anyone know of a good source for slightly longer clutch cables?   :-\
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: Yoshi823 on February 09, 2010, 10:05:08 PM
I had been going to suggest Venhill Engineering www.venhill.co.uk until I realised where you are based.
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: Spitfire on February 10, 2010, 08:25:00 AM
Have a look for US spec F1 cables, their bars are higher and wider, should be able to find something on the CMS NL or David Silver websites.
http://www.cmsnl.com/
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: Skoti on February 10, 2010, 08:57:38 AM
I had been going to suggest Venhill Engineering www.venhill.co.uk until I realised where you are based.

I'll be in the UK next week, but I see Venhill don't list any cables on their website for CB750F1/F2  :(
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: Skoti on February 10, 2010, 09:03:16 AM
Have a look for US spec F1 cables, their bars are higher and wider, should be able to find something on the CMS NL or David Silver websites.
http://www.cmsnl.com/
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Cheers

Den

Thanks for that, but I think the US spec cable might be a bit too long. The US spec bars seem quite high and wide compared to mine.
I see that according to frame numbers there are two different cables listed on www.cmsnl.com for the F1 anyone know what the difference is?
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: Yoshi823 on February 10, 2010, 09:40:31 AM
Venhill made me a clutch cable for my XR400 enduro bike. It's better than the OEM one. I'm sure that they could make you a one off if they had an original to work from. If you make the point that they could then push the product to the vintage bike clubs they wouldn't be just making a one off.
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: Spitfire on February 10, 2010, 10:01:34 AM
There is a difference in F1 clutch cables, when I ordered mine at David Silver Spares they asked for the engine number. I presume there is a difference at the clutch end but I'm not sure, try giving therm a call or e mail them.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: mick on February 10, 2010, 10:34:52 AM
Hi Skoti, you could also try www.z1enterprises.com they are based in the US i have used them before with no problems  ;) cheers mick.
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: Skoti on February 10, 2010, 05:18:34 PM
Hi Skoti, you could also try www.z1enterprises.com they are based in the US i have used them before with no problems  ;) cheers mick.

Good web site at Z1 enterprises, they detail the length of two different clutch cables listed for the F1. The smaller of the two will do me just fine  :) Thank you Mick.
Title: Re: F1 Clutch cable
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on February 10, 2010, 05:55:27 PM
Jeff Saunders (the proprietor of Z1) is a member at www.sohc4.net (his username is Jeff.Saunders I think)

He is a regular contributor and is expanding his range away from just Z1s to Hondas as well.