Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 03, 2021, 09:38:31 AM
-
DS want £5.28 each for the above nuts 90309-315-000 am I right in thinking they are M10 x 1.25 pitch?
Anyone know a cheaper source ?
-
Got mine off EBay
And stainless too
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210803/39e09618fe3bcde0b954956a5862ba88.jpg)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Mr Megapack does these, worth a look.
-
Honda only as, they are deep and any other domed would need washers ;)
-
Nowt wrong with a stainless washer

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210803/551cd34f6ed0bfd619262b60484de6f5.jpg)
Ted let me know if you need some and I will turn up a couple for you
Best wishes Al
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Nowt wrong with a stainless washer
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210803/551cd34f6ed0bfd619262b60484de6f5.jpg)
Ted let me know if you need some and I will turn up a couple for you
Best wishes Al
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Al, As you can see from the picture the shockers on my bike are an aftermarket brand of some sort. The upper mountings consisted of the original full hour glass type rubber insert but the eye of the shocker is clearly narrower than the original Honda ones. To make up the space there were a series of thick rubber washers either side held in place at the end by a home made cupped type of washer then the nut - a right bodge-job.
I have found that with a fibre washer against the shocker on the inside with a thin rubber washer between the fibre washer & the frame it sits just right vertically so as to speak. When nipped up you can't see the orange fibre washer so its just the outside I need to sort out. At present I'm looking for something to fit on the outside between the nut & shocker - but not quite sure what yet as there is too much of the original boss showing - the same arrangement as the inside does not work. I need something along the lines of a 4-5 mm thick spacer with an O/D of 28-30 mm & an I/D of 16-17mm - I used to have loads of old seat belt swivel spacers in a bit box but slung them decades ago. Ted
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51354450676_a1096c3175_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mf1Z2o)top shocker mount (https://flic.kr/p/2mf1Z2o) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
HI Ted
Let me sort
Will be in touch Al
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
HI Ted
Let me sort
Will be in touch Al
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK my measurements are not as yet 100% accurate - just order of magnitude. Thanks Ted
-
Ok
Just pm me the size you need when you are ready
Best wishes Al
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
This morning whilst looking for the front brake caliper parts in my box of bits that came with the bike I found a pair of 90309-315-000 Domed Nuts in Honda genuine parts packaging!
This has in part helped me get over the shock of the wheels I want to have built on my spare hubs.
Central-wheels have quoted me £879.95 for both wheels to my specification - gold anodized alloy rims, SS spokes, hubs powder coated to match rims with Metzler tyres...Gulp
To make it worse Wendy has offered to teat me to them as it's our wedding anniversary on the Glorious 12th....why hesitate you may ask .... Quid Pro Quo!
-
Hiya Ted, Re. your wheels and tyres, you don't have to take such a big gulp!!
Last year I purchased F & R D.I.D. Rims, spoke sets for each, Dunlop K82 tyres, Michelin tubes and rim tapes. There is a chap near me that builds wheels to a very high standard, and he also fitted the tyres for me. All these were done over the course of a couple of months due to living on a pension, and I still used the standard untouched hubs. Adding the whole lot together came to just under £600. So I think the cost of your requirements are pretty much par for the course. Have fun! Mike.
-
Here it is my bespoke top shock absorber spacer fashioned from recycled pressed tin lids hand filed by our Chihuahuas to earn their keep!
Not really courtesy of allankelly1 a perfect fit!
Thanks again Allan for your help.
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51360912338_589001b19c_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mfA6Rm)bespoke spacer (https://flic.kr/p/2mfA6Rm) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr