Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: notobikeparkingtax on February 18, 2010, 10:54:44 AM

Title: Fresh meat in London
Post by: notobikeparkingtax on February 18, 2010, 10:54:44 AM
Hello there, Chris here - 46 years old, riding since I was 17. Currently own a slightly modded CB750 K7 which I bought as a rusty shed and have now transformed into a not so rusty shed. Latest project is a fake Norton pre-war bike.
I've been on the USA site for a while but have decided to 'come home'.

(http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/mrxt500/b4andafter.jpg)


Full account here: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=57812.0
Title: Re: Fresh meat in London
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on February 18, 2010, 11:25:21 AM
I prefer "Ogri" - takes me back to the days when Bike was a great mag!
Title: Re: Fresh meat in London
Post by: JonnyB on February 18, 2010, 12:18:38 PM
Welcome home, I have a rusty shed to, it's where I keep my f1
Title: Re: Fresh meat in London
Post by: UK Pete on February 18, 2010, 01:37:36 PM
Hi Chris enjoy the site
Pete
Title: Re: Fresh meat in London
Post by: Spitfire on February 18, 2010, 02:01:30 PM
Welcome back home, the K7 looks great, nice to see another one saved.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Fresh meat in London
Post by: notobikeparkingtax on February 18, 2010, 02:11:15 PM
I prefer "Ogri" - takes me back to the days when Bike was a great mag!

Thanks everyone! For some reason the computer said No when I tried registering with 'ogri'.
Title: Re: Fresh meat in London
Post by: Yoshi823 on February 22, 2010, 09:31:06 PM
I prefer "Ogri" - takes me back to the days when Bike was a great mag!

Welcome to the UK site. A few of us on here also write on the USA site, but over there it's a differant world.

I often relate true life situations to an 'Ogri' cartoon from Bike magazine. He's become an icon in British biking culture...well to many of us anyway. As such I have all of the annuals of the cartoons over the years & always enjoy reading them again & again. My first ever Bike magazine was June 1975, the Giant Test of the 250s....I think that I still have it somewhere as well.
Title: Re: Fresh meat in London
Post by: pae on February 22, 2010, 09:42:07 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum

Phil
Title: Re: Fresh meat in London
Post by: notobikeparkingtax on February 23, 2010, 08:18:28 AM
I prefer "Ogri" - takes me back to the days when Bike was a great mag!

Welcome to the UK site. A few of us on here also write on the USA site, but over there it's a differant world.

I often relate true life situations to an 'Ogri' cartoon from Bike magazine. He's become an icon in British biking culture...well to many of us anyway. As such I have all of the annuals of the cartoons over the years & always enjoy reading them again & again. My first ever Bike magazine was June 1975, the Giant Test of the 250s....I think that I still have it somewhere as well.

In my teens I hung out at the 59 club in Hackney, this would be early 1980s. They had a TV room with the TV resting on a big cupboard. Inside the cupboard was a complete collection of 'Bike' including the super-rare early ones, just stuffed in there like they were old newspapers. Also Motorcycle Mechanics from the 60s filled with articles on cafe-racering your Francis Barnett and turning your Venom into a 'chopper'. That TV room was the closest I ever came to 'Further Education'.