Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 10, 2021, 06:34:53 PM
-
If I was tightening up a bolt into steel I would just nip them up but I don't have the feel for tightening into aluminium. What are the Torque setting for these 6mm bolts is it around the 6.8 - 11.7 newton metres mark?
-
Maybe mistaken, but thought these usually have rubber mounts with specific washer incorporating thickness spacer built in.
Usually used with a spring washer that you'd just flatten down and nip tight to set correctly. Ordinarily I've used a 10mm ring spanner with which you can feel it bottom out.
-
Maybe mistaken, but thought these usually have rubber mounts with specific washer incorporating thickness spacer built in.
Usually used with a spring washer that you'd just flatten down and nip tight to set correctly. Ordinarily I've used a 10mm ring spanner with which you can feel it bottom out.
I have shaped rubber spacers with small nut & bolts (4mm ish) that attach the stays to the mudguards but the parts manual shows a solid bolt with a plain washer to attach the stay to the bottom of the forks. The DS mudguard does not come with the bottom stay bolts. I plan to use a spring washer as well as a plain washer.
The nearest thing in the manual appears to be the brake arm - I assume this is the top swivel that bolts to the forks & holds the calpier arm at the top that the fixed top mudguard bracket also bolts onto.
-
I was advised between 5 and 8 ft/lbs. Just as an aside, if you are fitting standard mudguards to standard forks, make sure you fit the guard before installing the front wheel. There is not enough space between the tyre wall and the fork leg to instal the bolt. I found this out the hard way many years ago when trying to remove the bolt with a ratcheting ring spanner. Oh such fun!