Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 27, 2021, 04:49:25 AM

Title: Too Old to Die Young - the instructional video series
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 27, 2021, 04:49:25 AM
I have found the above U-Tuber has made a good series on dismantling & rebuilding the 400 engine. There are about 9 videos on dismantling with 5 on rebuilding.

His narratives are not too cheesy he does great detail on some areas of rebuilding but is a bit thin on areas such as choosing crank bearings - the videos are in places better than a workshop manual imho. Yes you can be critical of the videos but they are helpful.

The below links might be useful to new members contemplating a first engine rebuild be it partial of full.

Stripping down Series 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQgwhv8v6Os

Rebuilding series 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR-MiqdHi1w
Title: Re: Too Old to Die Young - the instructional video series
Post by: Laverdaroo on August 28, 2021, 01:09:29 PM
I've used this chap's videos, to be fair, he's not bad and lets face it, you cant cover everything and go into every detail.
On the whole, he's a passionate, 'shed fettler' like a great deal of us on here and putting his findings out for all to see and learn from. good man.
He was quite useful when I was 'putting together' if your not sure, rewind, rewatch, rewind, rewatch and you very soon become proficient. If it wasn't for these guys some of us would be completely knackered. Gotta love the internet as much as it annoys, its fantastic for the amateur bike fiddler like me. 8) :)
Title: Re: Too Old to Die Young - the instructional video series
Post by: Athame57 on August 28, 2021, 01:33:46 PM
I've been watching him myself this past few weeks and I find him easy to understand....and he knows how to keep the camera clear and in focus!