Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: UK Pete on March 08, 2010, 05:55:23 PM

Title: 750 F2 Mastercylinder disasembley
Post by: UK Pete on March 08, 2010, 05:55:23 PM
Does any one know if the plastic fluid bowl on the 750 front brake mastercylinder is meant to come off, as i have undone the two screws on the inside  pulled and taped it but it is stuck on there real tight, so i have given up before i do any damage, i wanted to totally dismantle and respray it ,without this plastic bowl it would be much easier.
Pete
Title: Re: 750 F2 Mastercylinder disasembley
Post by: Spitfire on March 08, 2010, 06:38:51 PM
Tried doing that myself but gave up in the end, there is an "O" ring there under the plastic part that I did not want to damage.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: 750 F2 Mastercylinder disasembley
Post by: Yoshi823 on March 08, 2010, 07:50:50 PM
As Den has said there is indeed an 'o' ring that holds the plastic extension into the master cylinder. From what I remember there's a metal plate in the bottom of the reservoir that is held in place by two bolts. Other than these there shouldn't be anything else holding it in place. But when I had my one apart it had no lubricant to stop any corrosion & it was quite a struggle 25 years ago when the bike was still quite young....let alone how they might be 30 years after manufacture.
Title: Re: 750 F2 Mastercylinder disasembley
Post by: honda-san on March 08, 2010, 09:00:34 PM
Pete,
They do "just pull off" once the two screws are removed, in theory.
That said the last one I removed was so tight I thought i was going to damage it. 30 some years of corrosion seems to be the problem.
So much easier to paint with it removed though.

Good luck!!

Chris R.