Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 21, 2021, 07:21:32 PM

Title: Why did Honda use dome headed nuts on cylinder heads?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 21, 2021, 07:21:32 PM
Whilst cleaning up my cylinder head nuts I wondered why use dome headed nuts when you can't see them - why not just use a full nut?
Title: Re: Why did Honda use dome headed nuts on cylinder heads?
Post by: Nurse Julie on September 21, 2021, 07:27:57 PM
Whilst cleaning up my cylinder head nuts I wondered why use dome headed nuts when you can't see them - why not just use a full nut?
They are fitted to stop the oil running back down the thread Ted.
Title: Re: Why did Honda use dome headed nuts on cylinder heads?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 22, 2021, 09:23:16 AM
Whilst cleaning up my cylinder head nuts I wondered why use dome headed nuts when you can't see them - why not just use a full nut?
They are fitted to stop the oil running back down the thread Ted.

Thanks Julie, I thought there was a reason but had no idea what -Honda ingenuity strikes again.