Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 27, 2021, 10:47:06 AM

Title: DS Chromed rocker cover caps - quality of threads?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 27, 2021, 10:47:06 AM
I know they are cheap (£28 set) but my DS Chrome rocker caps seem to have a very poor quality cut thread - I tried to screw one in by hand but was worried I could strip the thread in the rocker cover so I've used the old ones for now.

Has anyone else here found them a problem?

I missed out the VAT so they are £33.60 plus P&P

 
Title: Re: DS Chromed rocker cover caps - quality of threads?
Post by: Athame57 on September 28, 2021, 12:13:21 AM
You must have duds, I've had mine for three years with no issues, no rust.
Title: Re: DS Chromed rocker cover caps - quality of threads?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 28, 2021, 02:33:07 AM
You must have duds, I've had mine for three years with no issues, no rust.

I bought them as they were well reviewed here - the threads seem to be a very rough chrome splattered finish - I'll have a word with DS sales.
Title: Re: DS Chromed rocker cover caps - quality of threads?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 28, 2021, 10:18:55 AM
Anyone want a set of 8 half price ? Bought them but a bit too blingy for my resto's  They actually cost around £33 inc VAT a set not,  £28

So £15 + post seems fair to me.

[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: DS Chromed rocker cover caps - quality of threads?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 28, 2021, 10:48:40 AM
Update on the rocker caps - it was as luck would have it just the first cap I tried the remainder are OK - I've given the thread some cleaning with a small electric soft wire brush & all is well.
Title: Re: DS Chromed rocker cover caps - quality of threads?
Post by: sprinta on September 28, 2021, 12:14:49 PM
Anyone want a set of 8 half price ? Bought them but a bit too blingy for my resto's  They actually cost around £33 inc VAT a set not,  £28

So £15 + post seems fair to me.

(Attachment Link)

I would like to have them Ash, if they have not already been asked for?

Let me know and if still available how you would like paying via a PM.

Andy
Title: Re: DS Chromed rocker cover caps - quality of threads?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 28, 2021, 02:11:11 PM
Anyone want a set of 8 half price ? Bought them but a bit too blingy for my resto's  They actually cost around £33 inc VAT a set not,  £28

So £15 + post seems fair to me.

(Attachment Link)

I would like to have them Ash, if they have not already been asked for?

Let me know and if still available how you would like paying via a PM.

Andy

Yours Andy ... I will PM you once I work out postage