Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on October 09, 2021, 09:39:05 PM
-
Anyone go to Stafford today? if so how was it? I gave it a miss.
-
Hi Ash.
Yes we went for Saturday. It was as busy as before the pandemic. The stalls were spaced further apart and that did help, but obviously there was less there to see. I was looking for a new project but as usual there was nothing worth buying.
We went to DK's on Friday again looking for a project but they were just as bad as Stafford. I couldn't believe the prices for what was little more than scrap. How about a 750K3 that runs on spray with a Hammerite painted engine for £10,999. It was a very disappointing joke at both venues. Some of these dealers have become very greedy preying off the gullible that want a project for their retirement. Not me I'm afraid, they can keep them.
-
I went today with my BiL - this Honda X4 looked cheap!
Nice 750 & Laverda.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51573051974_4842c144c5_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzknzh)IMG_20211010_113601 (https://flic.kr/p/2mzknzh) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51571555492_79f47108e0_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzcGHS)IMG_20211010_105906 (https://flic.kr/p/2mzcGHS) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51573051714_44c4bfee69_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzknuN)IMG_20211010_112109 (https://flic.kr/p/2mzknuN) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
An early Honda Dream 1949 Type D
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51572807513_1d7d7ddd27_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzj7Ur)IMG_20211010_111110 (https://flic.kr/p/2mzj7Ur) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
I know its a full concurs resto but what a beautiful thing! :)
Even then they knew how to build a bike, loving the reverse exhaust ported engine. Ace build quality and looks to go with it :)
Loving the RD behind too :o
-
Agreed. The display of show bikes were in the main absolutely first class.
-
Even the car park had some great motors - I loved the look of this monster Triumph Rocket 3GT - an insane 2500cc!!
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51573040408_f6c12d3974_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzkj8S)IMG_20211010_124923 (https://flic.kr/p/2mzkj8S) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
Not Hub steering - horizontal forks?
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51573055298_0202d1e572_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzkoyA)IMG_20211010_114311 (https://flic.kr/p/2mzkoyA) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
Is that a Falco motor or an RSV Mille lump? I love the exquisite engineering on that, I bet it's an utter pig to service mind? You can't get anywhere near the motor to get at it. Never the less, what a fantastic bike and clearly the obsession of someone whos totally got the concept and has the physics in his head to make it.........clever chap(ess) ;) :)
Stunner!
-
I looked at that but if the chap has the brain to think that system up and manufacture the rest to such a mint standard you would have thought he's been through the pro's and cons enough to know whats not a goer and what is.
Wonder what the weight distribution is like now as that's a lot of metalwork up front. Mind you with no frame and other changes (everywhere) I bet he's been through everything and off set some stuff against other bits to keep it somewhere like the original. Id love to see more of it from different angles, its ace.
-
Almost forgot a couple more Hondas in this photo.
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51575669721_a3c5d97ba9_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzyMJR)400 (https://flic.kr/p/2mzyMJR) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
Saw quite a few Kettles plus this Triumph in Welsh colours.
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51576228693_ce301e51fd_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzBDUi)Kettle (https://flic.kr/p/2mzBDUi) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51576911080_fc52de34ab_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzF9KA)Welsh patriotism (https://flic.kr/p/2mzF9KA) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
For balance an Italian beauty.
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51576693234_db3a126692_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mzE2ZC)Moto Guzzi (https://flic.kr/p/2mzE2ZC) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr