Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: royhall on October 16, 2021, 10:00:41 AM

Title: Looking for a project
Post by: royhall on October 16, 2021, 10:00:41 AM
Morning all.
I have been looking for a decent priced project for a while now, I have tried auctions, Stafford, DK's and many many other places. I have in the main been looking at overpriced scrap iron.
So having been on here for many years I thought I would ask what you guys have lurking in the back of the garage. As I'm really too large to look at anything below 500cc that needs to be the smallest (that said if it's a real bargain I could be swayed).
Cash waiting for the right bike.
Cheers Roy.
Title: Re: Looking for a project
Post by: Moorey on October 16, 2021, 10:33:28 AM
Looking at your current bikes list you don't have to look too far.  ;)
Title: Re: Looking for a project
Post by: royhall on October 16, 2021, 10:41:57 AM
Time I updated that list.  ;D  Ones just about done and the other is potentially sold.
Title: Re: Looking for a project
Post by: andy120t on October 19, 2021, 08:11:43 AM
Are you just looking at Honda's / SOHC? There's a GT750 shaftie on an auction site that looks pretty complete, but might not be your cup of tea or budget. Nice old bus though...and it has a top box!
Title: Re: Looking for a project
Post by: SumpMagnet on October 19, 2021, 11:19:41 AM
the gold one? That looks like a nice project. Cheap too
Title: Re: Looking for a project
Post by: andy120t on October 19, 2021, 02:24:22 PM
That's the one. There is a 550 in there somewhere as well..not sure if it was a runner and it seemed to have lost its back end in favour of a short seat.
Title: Re: Looking for a project
Post by: royhall on October 19, 2021, 07:12:24 PM
Cheers for looking for me Andy. Not my thing really, will cost the same to do as a CB750 to get to mint but virtually worthless after it's done. I don't think anyone really wants them that's why they are cheap.