Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Rozabikes Tim on March 14, 2010, 07:39:34 PM

Title: CB900 / 750 swing arm compatabilty??
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on March 14, 2010, 07:39:34 PM
More cafe racer thoughts for my F2.

I seem to recall swing arm on the CB900 was more or less the same as 750 sohc. Thinking of aftermarket item such as Metamex etc?

Anyone know?

Ta
Title: Re: CB900 / 750 swing arm compatabilty??
Post by: UK Pete on March 15, 2010, 07:49:34 AM
Yoshi is the man in the know here, he reworked an F2 some years ago and has a good knowledge on things that fit an F2
Pete
Title: Re: CB900 / 750 swing arm compatabilty??
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on March 15, 2010, 11:12:11 AM
Thanks Pete, yes Yoshi is the "F2 guru"!!,

Thanks for your advice - will be picking your brain along the line I am sure. Very impressed with the finishes you are getting on your F2 engine etc. You must be an engineer by trade?

Tim
Title: Re: CB900 / 750 swing arm compatabilty??
Post by: UK Pete on March 15, 2010, 09:35:53 PM
Not an engineer, i am a builder , i do enjoy working on mechanical things though especially bikes
pete
Title: Re: CB900 / 750 swing arm compatabilty??
Post by: Yoshi823 on March 17, 2010, 10:25:46 PM
That's an interesting thought that the 750/900 swing arm might fit a 1978 750F2, but the Metmachex website dosn't include the older machine. I would suggest asking them directly if the 750F2 & the 900FZ are the same, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

When I looked for a wider rear wheel, I found that I could go up to a 4.25" x18" rim specially made for me by CMA Wheels up in Suffolk/Norfolk. With this wheel I fitted a 160/70x18 Metzeler MEZ1 CompK, but only after making a custom torque arm for the rear caliper & chopping out a portion of the chain guard.

Unfortunately the guy is no longer alive, from what i've heard, & i'm not sure who makes specials to order now that Dymag no longer make them.