Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: swidds on March 17, 2010, 08:47:35 PM
-
One of the members, Yoshi823, told me about the UK SOHC site (been posting to the US SOHC4.net) so glad to come back over to this side of the pond and post here! :).
Been into bikes since my earlier teens (I'm 36 now), mostly the restoration side.
Had more bikes than I can remember, but mostly into Italian exotica (namely Ducati's, I'll start dodging the rotten tomato's!).
Restored a few Honda's, love there relative simplicity and parts availability. Working on a 70's Honda and a 70's Brit is like working in two different time zones! :).
Currently got a "bitsa", but primarily CB750K2 based restoration that I've sympathetically turned into a Carpy'esc "Cafe Racer" (no offence Carpy!, I'll never match your skills!).
Looking forward to chatting with you all on the forum!
Best regards,
Paul
-
Hi Paul , welcome to the site, love to see some pictures of your cafe, i have a future project lined up which will be a cafe racer styled bike
Pete
-
Hiya Paul...
Just bouncing around the net at the moment during a bit of spare time, & glad that you've found time for the UK site.
I was an owner of a 750 Honda quite a few years ago, as well as quite a lot of 550Fs as well. I'm sure that you'll enjoy having a good look at our bikes, but put up a few pictures of your bikes so's we know what you ride.
Have you got the beers in yet? Mine was a Fullers London Pride please.
-
Hi all!
Pictures here
http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m400/swidds/CB750K/
The outside one is old, she's had four into four's put on her since then.
Fullers? I'll buy you a real one if your in Berkshire/London
Best regards,
Swidds
-
If you have a look in the meetings/get together listing the VJMC South East groups are holding a big meet at Box Hill on Sunday 9th May, & i'm getting others interested in a ride there.
I'll be there on my Exup as I don't have a Honda 4 anymore, & the missus is hoping for good weather on that day.
I've just had a good look at the left side photo of your bike Paul...that's a 550 front disc with what looks like a 550K3 front mudguard. I'm liking the custom seat though. They're popular for those who can find them.
-
Hi all,
May 9th you say?, I'll be there (I love box hill!).
Whats more, I'll be there on the CB as she now has a brand new, shiny MOT!.
Passed with flying colours, not even an advisory.
Took her for a fly about the back roads, its so good to be back on a bike again! (not had one which worked for at least 7 months! ).
The tone from those exhausts is fantastic! (if you ignore the occasional "phut" from cylinder 2 ;) ).
I'll put some more pictures up later and continue chatting to you all in the main forums
Best regards,
Paul
-
Hi Paul.
Be more specific about location!
Steve (Wokingham)
-
Hi Paul, welcome to the site,
Phil