Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 12, 2021, 09:07:03 AM

Title: Location of clutch switch question for UK 400/4
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 12, 2021, 09:07:03 AM
Where is the actual switch located as I do not seem to have one - was it actually fitted to UK models I haven't spotted it on my strip down?
Title: Re: Location of clutch switch question for UK 400/4
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 12, 2021, 09:10:06 AM
Yes, fitted to UK models Ted. In addition to the loom coming off the clutch lever, there is a minute black box, a solenoid I think, in the area of the starter solenoid/ fuse box etc, under the left side panel, I'll find a pic of I can.
Title: Re: Location of clutch switch question for UK 400/4
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 12, 2021, 09:14:56 AM
[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]
Title: Re: Location of clutch switch question for UK 400/4
Post by: Bryanj on November 12, 2021, 09:20:38 AM
The actual switch is fitted in the LH switch unit, it fits in a hole near the cable adjuster so  that the operating pin is moved by the lever blade. Wires connect in headlamp shell. If you cant find the correct clutch switch the front blake light switch from a trail bike is the same just different wire colours
Title: Re: Location of clutch switch question for UK 400/4
Post by: smoothoperator on November 12, 2021, 11:34:22 AM
I got this one Ted, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-cb-400-400-4-cb400-4-CB400F-CLUTCH-SWITCH-BRAKE-/300184704803?_ul=IL

Has a cheapo feel to it but it works OK.
Title: Re: Location of clutch switch question for UK 400/4
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 12, 2021, 02:29:27 PM
Thanks for that I've ordered one my other switch thingy part was on my loom plugged into a block connector.