Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: PikeyBoy on April 07, 2010, 07:53:28 PM

Title: Hi all
Post by: PikeyBoy on April 07, 2010, 07:53:28 PM
Have just bought a 1976 550F from a guy at work. Its all in bits with loads not there!

I have just finished a 1982 250N Superdream, just need to get an MOT and wanted somthing else to do.

I dare say I will be posting for lots of advice and help as there is no site like this for the Superdream.
Title: Re: Hi all
Post by: pae on April 08, 2010, 12:09:27 PM
Hi and welcome to the site. Pics always welcome, and fire away with the Q's.

Phil
Title: Re: Hi all
Post by: PikeyBoy on April 15, 2010, 09:07:30 PM
Not oo sure where to start!

I do have an engine but to heavy to bring out from garage.

I am after an exhaust if anyone has one or can recommend one.
Title: Re: Hi all
Post by: andy120t on April 15, 2010, 09:26:34 PM
..if only I had had that many bits when I started out!

Starting points could include:

1. Get the eingine running, just to see if it will.
2. Put it all together, get the engine running, get an MOT - then enjoy it as it is.
3. All the above, then take it apart and restore it.
4. Restore it from scratch...then hope it starts..

...the world is your oyster!

Good luck! Look forward to reviewing progress.
Title: Re: Hi all
Post by: matthewmosse on April 15, 2010, 09:31:03 PM
You can lift the frame onto the engine and then build the thing up around it, can save agro over lifting the engine into the frame. Engine only goes in / out thru the right side of the frame and is genrally considered a 2 person job. I normally remove the oil filter housing and the breather cover and lift the engine in by myself but I'm a sucker for punishment.