Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: alexdecker on January 22, 2022, 06:18:53 PM
-
Hey all
When I got my Cb550F2, I got a Dunstall Power muffler and header with it. I haven't been able to find much information on it, nor find one attached to a Honda bike. Does anyone here know anything about them?
- Alex
-
Paul Dunstall was famous in the late 60s and 70s.
Starting with Nortons,
Breathed on a bit and lots of after market goodies, as the British industry closed down he started doing bits for Japanese bikes,
He was famous for his tapered meggas, an alternative to the Goldie pipes for cafe racers,
They seemed ok at the time,
Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
-
Had one on my750F1 as the standard silencer grounded all the time when I first got the bike in 1976, it made a really nice noise and my wife knew when to put the kettle on as she could hear me coming home from work.
However once I had restored the bike in 2007 I tried it out and it was far too noisy even with the removeable end plate ftted, so it's back in the loft wrapped up with the standard one.
Cheers
Dennis
-
Thanks for the replies :) Will have to try and mount it sometime soon then :)
-
He used to have a dealership opposite stockwell tube station. As others have said, can be quite LOUD ;D
-
Used to go to his warehouse regularly and we were even given a couple of his show bikes on "sale or return"
-
dunstall was positively quieter than my 4-1 piper! i think thats why i;m deaf.
-
My missus could hear the piper from 3 miles away along the valley, damn that thing could HOWL.