Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 29, 2022, 12:44:05 PM
-
Before I try to bleed the front brakes I wondered if I ought to replace the front switch as a matter of course / safety as its over 40 years old.
DS have a replacement at £18.50 Plus P&P - are there branded aftermarket options that are suitable?
Guidance as to sources available welcome.
-
Is it leaking?
Does it work?
I suggest you keep it until it doesn't
Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
-
Don't waste yer brass Ted, I'm with John.
-
I’m quite sure mine is the original one on the 750 complete with yellow paint mark. Left as is, nearly fifty years old works a treat.,
-
I’m quite sure mine is the original one on the 750 complete with yellow paint mark. Left as is, nearly fifty years old works a treat.,
Same with mine, leave it be
Cheers
Dennis
-
I guess they are more reliable than oil switches I'll leave it as it is unless I find it leaks.
-
I bled mine with the syringe method through the bleed valve on Caliper with almost instant success, my system was completely dry with all new pipe work, also used Dot5 fluid which doesn’t harm paintwork.
-
I bled mine with the syringe method through the bleed valve on Caliper with almost instant success, my system was completely dry with all new pipe work, also used Dot5 fluid which doesn’t harm paintwork.
Was that filling the system with fluid pushed up via the bleed nipple or using it to pull fluid down by means of a partial vacuum?
-
Pushing up through bleed nipple Ted. Just filled syringe and gently pressured up.
-
Pushing up through bleed nipple Ted. Just filled syringe and gently pressured up.
As it had warmed up a bit I decided to get some fluid into the front brakes - the brakes had no fluid in them so a clean start. I have gone for Silicone fluid. I put 150 cc in my syringe then fed the fluid through the caliper bleed nipple - nice and steady until it appeared in the brake reservoir base - tightened the nipple then topped up the reservoir - about three pulls of the brake lever - a few air bubbles emerged then a good reasonably solid lever.
Emptied the unused fluid back into the bottle - thanks for the tip Roo a great method with no waste.
-
Thanks ;)
It was Johnny! ;D ;D ;D
-
Thanks ;)
It was Johnny! ;D ;D ;D
My Bad - thanks Johnny.