Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on March 23, 2022, 07:50:29 AM

Title: Running Lean?
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 23, 2022, 07:50:29 AM
Does this look excessively lean running?
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: Nurse Julie on March 23, 2022, 08:14:49 AM
Yes. Are all four the same John?
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 23, 2022, 09:40:21 AM
Yes pretty consistent across all four Julie.
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: Sesman on March 23, 2022, 10:17:15 AM
Are you sure it’s lean. I know it difficult to tell from the photos, but that looks pretty good to me.
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: Sesman on March 23, 2022, 10:27:21 AM
Assuming it’s the 550K3, are you running 98 or 100 mains?
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on March 23, 2022, 10:37:22 AM
I would be happy with that plug colour.
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: K2-K6 on March 23, 2022, 11:12:26 AM
Looks fine to me too.
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: Johnny4428 on March 23, 2022, 12:09:05 PM
Thanks guys, it’s actually running pretty good, I will maybe just leave as is. Think it’s 98 main.
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: paul G on March 23, 2022, 12:15:19 PM
Looks good to me
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: Sesman on March 23, 2022, 02:06:16 PM
If you are losing sleep over it go to 100, but I doubt it will make a big difference and the colour looks fine to me.
Title: Re: Running Lean?
Post by: deltarider on March 23, 2022, 03:22:42 PM
I find it hard to comment on colors in pics, especially the coloring of plugs. The colors in the pics we produce are never calibrated, so it's always a guess. My first impression is, that the plug shown is slightly on the lean side, but it's thus slightly, that if the colors in the pic were calibrated, I could come to the conclusion it looks fine. Not much help, I'm afraid. :-\