Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: gary123 on July 16, 2022, 10:48:19 AM

Title: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: gary123 on July 16, 2022, 10:48:19 AM
Morning all, just saying hello.
I'd like to say I've bought a cb 500 four but its more a collection of boxes of parts. It was was on here in the newbies section posted by Nasher but I got it through the Ducati forum of which we are both members. Its a big mix of CB 500 550 750 and ss50 but I think I can get a complete 500 out of it.
This is it so far.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: Johnny4428 on July 16, 2022, 11:55:58 AM
Morning Gary and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be for the build that you are doing at the minute. Looking good so far.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: K2-K6 on July 16, 2022, 11:58:30 AM
Welcome to the forum, good that it's been bought by someone interested in bringing it back to complete again.

Hope you enjoy the buld etc, and is that a 750 K2 in your sig picture?
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: Nurse Julie on July 16, 2022, 12:01:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Gary. We're not far away from you, we're in Mareham le Fen, less than 30 mins apart. Good luck with your project.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: gary123 on July 16, 2022, 02:50:19 PM
Thanks all
Yes, my 1972 k2 pictured in 1976. Bike is long gone but still got the girl.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: smoothoperator on July 16, 2022, 05:36:19 PM
It's good to see this bike on here and we get to see the build.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: mickwinf on July 20, 2022, 04:41:47 PM
welcome to the forum, i reckon that will make a nice bike, i was tempted to buy it.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 20, 2022, 05:21:53 PM
I was tempted as well but never got a handle on how much he was looking for on behalf of his friend - the distance was the final hurdle - pleased it's found a home.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: philward on July 20, 2022, 08:47:14 PM
Welcome to the forum Gary - I'm sure you will find it helpful and enjoyable
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: gary123 on July 20, 2022, 10:04:13 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. :)
It is certainly an interesting project and I was surprised no one on here bought it.
So far there have been some good and bad moments but I have plenty of time and this forum is proving very useful.
When I can Ill put some pics up in the build section.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: Bryanj on July 20, 2022, 11:34:09 PM
I thought the asking price was too high as it was a real mix n not match of engine bits
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: Sesman on July 21, 2022, 10:14:11 AM
Congratulations. It’s not all about the price. I think you’l do mighty fine with that machine and the satisfaction and enjoyment will be remembered long after the price has been forgotten. And to be fair, I thought the price was just fine. Good luck and keep posting.
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: gary123 on July 21, 2022, 09:19:47 PM
To be honest it was a bit of an impulse buy, but I really need something to do. A 500 four was never on my radar even though as a 17 year old I wanted one.
Im really enjoying it and price wise theres a lot going for it including a small box of NOS ss50 parts that could do well on ebay.


















Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: Sesman on July 21, 2022, 10:16:13 PM
👍
Title: Re: Hi from Spalding-S Lincs
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on July 22, 2022, 06:25:40 AM
I never knew the actual asking price so can't comment except to say there was a lot of parts in the photos so when selling the left overs that should be a hefty credit refund for the purchaser.

Looking forwards to the project page when pics are posted - I'll try my best to not be too envious.