Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Eldrick on October 02, 2022, 12:14:43 PM
-
Should I splice my #3HT Lead with this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/NGK-J-1-Racing-Cable-Splicer/dp/B0018JXIXI (https://www.amazon.co.uk/NGK-J-1-Racing-Cable-Splicer/dp/B0018JXIXI)
Following on from my carb rebalance I found #3 cylinder was not firing. All other are ok and by process of elimination I could get #3 to fire, proving my coils are both ok. I removed the coil and shortened the lead, #3 now gets hot on the downpipe but still not as hot as the others so I suspect the HT lead could be an issue.
I don't want to replace the coil just yet since it is not broke but the HT cables are sealed units, so would a splice be a good option?
Also, this is the left coil, same side as clutch lever, is that meant to fire #2 and #3?
-
Never used a splicer/joint on a HT cable.
As regards the coil wiring originally the left side CB points are a blue wire that supplies cylinder 1 & 4.
The right CB points are originally yellow wire that supplies cylinder 2 & 3.
It all depends which way round the coils have been connected - I believe convention was left coil for 1 & 4 using blue cable.
-
Go look in Ash's drop box and follow his repair of coils advice and instructions on there, it works a treat and is far more satisfying tham buying new or making good. At least you'll know they're done to the best of your ability. I wouldnt be splicing HT leads tbh, others may prove me wrong but I think youre just opening a can of worms chasing things or issues in the future.