Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 11, 2022, 03:34:08 PM
-
The parts book shows item 4 in picture 2 of Bolt,flange 8 x100 p/n 95700-08100.
What will the thread pitch be please?
Im going to Stafford show with BiL so want to pick one up preferably with a Hex head to match the others
-
8mm is 1.25 Ted. 6mm is 1.00 and 10mm is 1.5.
I may have a couple. Depends on whether I stripped them of the zinc plating ready to be done, I really must get round to assembling my plating kit one of these days, I've around 500 bolts/screws to do.
-
Thanks Ken I used to be able to tell what threads were BSF now I've no idea when I look at a bolt what it is.
-
Ken, think all the M10s on the Honda are also 1.25 fine thread.
Phil
-
Got this from Custom fasteners site when I was rebuilding my bike, I don't think that they do as much motorcycle stuff these days though.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING METRIC BOLTS.
Metric bolts in M4, M5, M6, M7 and M8 diameters are suitable for both European and Japanese motorcycles and cars.
However, M10 in the standard 1.50 pitch are only suitable as replacements on European machines. They will not fit Japanese vehicles which use their own specialised fine thread. Please see the next section in the catalogue for our specially produced range of M10 and M12 fine thread bolts for Japanese vehicles.
M10(1.25 pitch) and M12(1.25 pitch) FINE THREAD METRIC BOLTS
For use on Japanese motorcycles and cars. M10(1.25) bolts have a 17mm spanner size, M12(1.25) bolts have a l9mm spanner size. The Japanese often
use a smaller size head on their bolts, so please check there is sufficient clearance for the standard size head we supply, before ordering.
NOTES ON METRIC BOLTS
M4 fits spanner size 7mm. M4 thread pitch is 0.70mm.
M5 fits spanner size 8mm. M5 thread pitch is 0.80mm.
M6 fits spanner size 10mm. M6 thread pitch is 1.00mm.
M7 fits spanner size 11mm. M7 thread pitch is 1.00mm.
M8 fits spanner size 13mm. (Japanese M8 bolts use 12mm spanner size). M8 thread pitch is 1.25mm.
M10 fits spanner size 17mm. M10 thread pitch is 1.50mm.
Cheers
Dennis
-
Forgot the link
https://www.custom-fasteners.co.uk/bolts-nuts-washers-screws/hexagon-head-bolts/metric-bolts.html
Cheers
Dennis
-
Ken, think all the M10s on the Honda are also 1.25 fine thread.
Phil
Could be right, couldn't remember if the standard was 1.75 and Honda used a fine pitch 1.50, for some reason 1.5 still feels right, I must check a bolt and find out.
-
deffo 1.25 Ken, i had to buy a tap to suit
-
I stand corrected.