Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Davelu88 on October 11, 2022, 09:48:11 PM

Title: Nearly finished!
Post by: Davelu88 on October 11, 2022, 09:48:11 PM
Had inspection about 10 days ago so just waiting for reg before I can test ride my 550f for the first time  :)
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Laverda Dave on October 11, 2022, 09:51:00 PM
Looking good. I like the blacked out concept going on there👍
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Davelu88 on October 11, 2022, 09:54:42 PM
Thanks I wanted  to give a blacked out theme a try . The pic is a bit small but if you click on it it enlarges  :)
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 11, 2022, 10:03:16 PM
Looking good Dave.
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Davelu88 on October 11, 2022, 10:11:40 PM
Thx , I got the one I bought from mickwinf coming in a couple of weeks so I can have 2 to drool over  :)
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Laverdaroo on October 11, 2022, 11:33:58 PM
Thats lovely, what does the Kerker sound like, I;ve a soft spot for all things Kerker?
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Davelu88 on October 11, 2022, 11:36:31 PM
The kerker is great , louder than standard pipe but not overly loud
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 11, 2022, 11:39:37 PM
Nice stealth look about it. 8)
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Laverdaroo on October 11, 2022, 11:44:31 PM
The kerker is great , louder than standard pipe but not overly loud


Nearly bought one but never heard one so went for the supertrapp for a surprise change. I'd ike to hear that at  some point though it looks great.

Well done all round really, lovely ride that.
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 11, 2022, 11:46:43 PM
Is that a wider rear rim or an optical illusion?

Maybe the 550 has a wider rear wheel than the 500.
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Davelu88 on October 12, 2022, 12:15:31 AM
I will try & post a video of it running Roo but if not I can WhatsApp it , your right Ted this one does have a wider back wheel & tyre .
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Bryanj on October 12, 2022, 03:03:32 AM
Thats a 16 inch rim, non std
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 12, 2022, 10:07:20 AM
I will try & post a video of it running Roo but if not I can WhatsApp it , your right Ted this one does have a wider back wheel & tyre .

Looks mean I guess that makes the gearing lower or have you changed sprockets to get it back to normal & not mess up the speedometer accuracy?

For some reason I just noticed the rim width not the increased mudguard gap.
Title: Re: Nearly finished!
Post by: Laverdaroo on October 12, 2022, 01:34:05 PM
I will try & post a video of it running Roo but if not I can WhatsApp it , your right Ted this one does have a wider back wheel & tyre .

PM'd :D