Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Mwood on November 11, 2022, 06:28:25 PM

Title: New members
Post by: Mwood on November 11, 2022, 06:28:25 PM
Hi there thanks for the add I have just purchased a 1977 honda 550 4 f2 which has 4000 miles from new if was imported from America in 2014 and was in someone hedge fund I also have a 1978 honda 400  4 and a 67 plate yanam tmax  I lost my complete right arm in 1978 and had trikes for the last 8 years got rid of that and been back on 2 wheels for the last year I went to the arm hospital 6 months ago and I am now attached with my prosetic arm via a mountain bike hand I am 65 this month and live in hastings east sussex and my wife has just started being a pillion rider thats all for now i shall post photos later in the week
Title: Re: New members
Post by: JamesH on November 11, 2022, 06:33:42 PM
Warm welcome to the group. Two wheels, one arm, now that sounds like some seriously impressive skills. Tell us more, I’m genuinely intrigued.
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 11, 2022, 06:39:31 PM
Warmest welcome to this very helpful forum, indeed I am also intrigued, well done, your determination to ride two wheels again is evident.
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Nurse Julie on November 11, 2022, 06:40:21 PM
Welcome Mick, I'm pleased you joined us.
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Laverdaroo on November 11, 2022, 07:06:00 PM
Welcome Mick, you have the same garage as mine. I used to have a customer that rode his CB650 with dual controls on his r/h/s and a velcro strap attaching his prostetic on the left. Good man, as the others have asked, more info required for me also on your set up, findit really interesting also.. You'll be able to post piccies after 8) you have put 5 posts up, we all do like a piccy so fire away.
Enjoy, we're all ace on here!


Title: Re: New members
Post by: Matt_Harrington on November 12, 2022, 09:14:15 AM
Welcome Mick. I sometimes struggle with the full compliment of arms, so good on you.  :)
Matt
Title: Re: New members
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 12, 2022, 10:08:19 AM
Welcome Mick, you must certainly enjoy your motorcycling to manage with a prosthetic arm. I've seen the video of the bloke in America riding without a prosthetic limb so clearly you will have better control. I admire your courage Mick - good on you. My Missus will not be seen near a pillion seat.
Nice selection of bikes you have chosen. You will find us a helpful bunch here. Cheers Ted
Title: Re: New members
Post by: gary123 on November 12, 2022, 11:04:35 AM
Welcome Mick. Im 65 and moan about a dodgy back so good on ya.
Title: Re: New members
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 12, 2022, 11:12:12 AM
Welcome ! Looking forward to some pics of the 550 ..sounds tasty if it was in somebody's hedge fund.

A guy has just started coming to the pub on Mondays with my mate Roger ...One of his 'greabo' mates from the early 1960's. He drives a Reliant Robin but has various bikes like an Enfield (India), CB250RS and scooters etc but he was a BSA A10 man back in the day and also dispatched a CX500 between Hull and everywhere. Roger introduced him as 'Andy' when he first came in the pub but then I noticed one of his hands was never formed at birth and he basically only has one very tiny little finger but still has managed to ride bikes for about 60 years. Turns out his real name is Brian  ..everyone 'back in the day' called him Andy !
This is a pic of the 'greabo' bunch back in the day  (Roger on the A10 with no tank badges)..taken riding to a mates funeral in Beverley. The rider had ridden his bike home after a lights failure, in the dark with only a push-bike lamp wedged between the front forks and crashed.

Title: Re: New members
Post by: Laverdaroo on November 12, 2022, 11:41:05 AM
Wicked photo, what a great shot.
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Oddjob on November 12, 2022, 01:02:01 PM
And after that picture was taken BP came along and started drilling as they thought with that much oil on the surface there must be a big oil field underneath it  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Laverdaroo on November 12, 2022, 01:42:41 PM
 ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 12, 2022, 02:53:46 PM
That’s a great photo, yes indeed Ken probably lot more oil about the roads in them days too! Danger!!☠️☠️
Title: Re: New members
Post by: AshimotoK0 on November 12, 2022, 04:49:44 PM
The lad  pushing the Triton and with a helmet on lived a few doors away from me when I was a kid and was friends with my older  brothers. Seem to remember he was a nutter on  bikes and raced it at the Auto66 club (one for you Orcadian to make you homesick for East Yorkshire  :)).
Title: Re: New members
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 12, 2022, 06:44:44 PM
Those were the days when on a hot summers day your hair flapped in the breeze as you rode away - not a crash helmet in sight.
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 12, 2022, 06:51:19 PM
I’m afraid for some of us there wouldn’t be much hair flapping nowadays. Ok I speak for my self! 😛
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Laverdaroo on November 12, 2022, 07:02:20 PM
I’m afraid for some of us there wouldn’t be much hair flapping nowadays. Ok I speak for my self!
Not that I have but nothing wrong with ‘A Short Back n Shine’ Johnny I’m sure you still turn the heads, if not your fringe anymore.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Laverda Dave on November 12, 2022, 07:21:43 PM
Welcome to the forum Mick, enjoy yourself on here, you will find this is the most genuine and friendly forum on the planet with great people and great advice. It would be great to hear more of the story and to see some photos of the bike.

Ash, great photo, thanks for posting. Love the huge bacon slicers on the BSA.
Title: Re: New members
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 13, 2022, 02:15:35 AM
I’m afraid for some of us there wouldn’t be much hair flapping nowadays. Ok I speak for my self!
Not that I have but nothing wrong with ‘A Short Back n Shine’ Johnny I’m sure you still turn the heads, if not your fringe anymore.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🤣🤣🤣