Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on November 29, 2022, 10:15:37 AM

Title: Holy cow!!
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 29, 2022, 10:15:37 AM
Was up at our local motor factors the other day and happened to see this. Thank god for Tesco Clubcard got my last tin for £2.50. Same size tin.

Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 29, 2022, 10:35:02 AM
Supermarkets are responsible for the closure of Butcher's,Green Grocers, local bakeries - small local motor factors will be next with the likes of larger chains doing a Tesco on them.

It's the price we pay for bargains imho.
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 29, 2022, 11:56:05 AM
See your point Ted, don’t think our Tesco will be a threat to our motor factors, it’s about all they sell is WD and screen wash.
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Sesman on November 29, 2022, 12:53:53 PM
£5 at Halfrauds and 20% off for two.
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 29, 2022, 01:22:12 PM
£5 at Halfrauds and 20% of for two.
That was Tesco price as well, but half price Clubcard deal.
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 29, 2022, 01:56:40 PM
See your point Ted, don’t think our Tesco will be a threat to our motor factors, it’s about all they sell is WD and screen wash.

True, I was also looking at the impact of places like Screwfix, GSF car parts & the like where I live. Local Car Spares place in Mickleover closed and never opened again in 2020. Plus of course the internet.
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Matt_Harrington on November 29, 2022, 04:59:27 PM
£8.99 is quite a price hike  :o
Matt
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 29, 2022, 05:18:51 PM
I went to the very same motor factors for a battery for car, and was told because it had start stop technology requires a higher amp battery. Fair enough. Then proceeded to tell me it would be £175. 😡 I thought we’ll if that’s the price that’s it. Looked for same battery online, £74.99 delivered. There not taking £100 profit from me for a battery. Too “Scottish” for that.🤣🤣
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on November 29, 2022, 05:48:44 PM
I went to the very same motor factors for a battery for car, and was told because it had start stop technology requires a higher amp battery. Fair enough. Then proceeded to tell me it would be £175. 😡 I thought we’ll if that’s the price that’s it. Looked for same battery online, £74.99 delivered. There not taking £100 profit from me for a battery. Too “Scottish” for that.🤣🤣

I use either Tanya Batteries or the Batterty  Megastore for our 4 x4 's I'm a big fan of Yuassa & AGM technology for little used vehicles.
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Sesman on November 29, 2022, 05:54:02 PM
You were lucky. The battery gave up on my R1200GS a couple of years ago and I got stiffed by a French battery Bandit for 180 euros😳. I managed to smile through gritted teeth during the entire exchange.
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Moorey on November 29, 2022, 05:57:29 PM

      I tend to buy WD40 when i find it at less than £1 per 100ml
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Johnny4428 on November 29, 2022, 06:28:25 PM

      I tend to buy WD40 when i find it at less than £1 per 100ml
Good policy Moorey!
Yes just checked emails Ted. That battery I had was from Tanya.
I don’t mind paying a little extra to support locals, but don’t extract the urine!🤪
I’m certainly not one of these people that would order online to save 50p!🤣🤣🤣
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: K2-K6 on November 29, 2022, 06:43:02 PM
Tayna for me too, very good service and availability for any specification I've found. Thoroughly recommended.
Title: Re: Holy cow!!
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on November 29, 2022, 07:52:45 PM
Tayna for me too, very good service and availability for any specification I've found. Thoroughly recommended.

Plus one.