Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Orcade-Ian on December 02, 2022, 06:17:51 PM

Title: F series silencer measurements
Post by: Orcade-Ian on December 02, 2022, 06:17:51 PM
Hi folks,
Does anyone have an original 550 F series silencer they could take a few measurements from please?
I'm not chasing millimetre perfect sizes here!
Diameter where the short cone joins the downpipes
Larger diameter of short cone
Length of short cone (slant measurement is ok)
Length of long cone (        ditto      )
Smaller diameter of long cone where the end cap starts

I can fake the end cap details.

Thanks in anticipation,
Ian
Title: Re: F series silencer measurements
Post by: 3scs on December 03, 2022, 10:40:41 AM
Is this a one your wanting measurements for
Title: Re: F series silencer measurements
Post by: 3scs on December 03, 2022, 11:22:11 AM
Is this ok
Title: Re: F series silencer measurements
Post by: Orcade-Ian on December 03, 2022, 12:22:30 PM
Hi,
Yes,
Thats exactly the one and many thanks for your efforts - the sketch and dimensions are very thorough.  If that one is for sale (pm me if it is), I would be happy to buy it for patterns.  I realise it's cosmetically challenged but so am I,
Best regards,
Ian

Title: Re: F series silencer measurements
Post by: 3scs on December 03, 2022, 09:18:39 PM
Hi Ian I’m not quite sure why I’m hanging onto it if I ever come to my senses I will give you first refusal
Si
Title: Re: F series silencer measurements
Post by: Orcade-Ian on December 03, 2022, 09:40:00 PM
Thanks Si,
I understand and I'm really grateful that you took the trouble to supply all the measurements.  I'm toying with the idea of making a copy, as I said.  Please keep me in mind if you do decide to part with it.

Best regards,
Ian