Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 07, 2022, 11:28:20 AM

Title: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 07, 2022, 11:28:20 AM
Does anyone know the difference between the 500 & 550 sub looms?

Electrex sell the main wiring loom for the 500 but only make the 550 sub loom.

.https://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/WH-390.html#SID=1158
Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: Oddjob on December 07, 2022, 12:20:14 PM
500 only had a single fuse Ted but the 550 has multiple.
Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 07, 2022, 12:30:14 PM
Thanks Ken - I'm currently trying to source the original female connector blocks  they are 6, 8 & 9 block units - I'm using the carrot of buying a main loom as an incentive!

Waiting for replies from Electrex World & Kojaycat in reserve I have a firm who make bespoke stuff (sounds pricey).
Might have sorted the Pilot light loom courtesy of some bulb holders from a member here.
Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on December 07, 2022, 12:37:40 PM
The safety starter wiring is also missing from the CB550 sub-loom (Yellow/red & L.Green.red)
Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: Oddjob on December 07, 2022, 12:42:47 PM
You could have a look on this site for the white connectors Ted, you need the latching type.

https://kojaycat.co.uk/epages/950000457.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000457/Categories/Connectors_Bullet
Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: Laverdaroo on December 07, 2022, 06:27:31 PM
Thanks Ken - I'm currently trying to source the original female connector blocks  they are 6, 8 & 9 block units - I'm using the carrot of buying a main loom as an incentive!

Waiting for replies from Electrex World & Kojaycat in reserve I have a firm who make bespoke stuff (sounds pricey).
Might have sorted the Pilot light loom courtesy of some bulb holders from a member here.

I think I have some spare if you need some Ted, show me exactly what you want and I'll have a rummage.
Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 07, 2022, 07:40:13 PM
Thanks for the offer Roo but I'm sorted bought a new loom from 4into1 I do not need the main loom as mine is in fair nick for it's age.
Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: Oddjob on December 07, 2022, 08:21:36 PM
The letter has arrived Ted, just to let you know.
Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 07, 2022, 08:52:25 PM
For future reference for anyone restoring a CB 500 Kojaycat sell the sub loom connectors Male & Female just search the below numbers.

US6WW

US8WW

US9WW

They look about right as well.



Title: Re: 500 sub loom 32105-323-030
Post by: Laverdaroo on December 07, 2022, 09:36:28 PM
no worries mate :)