Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Siloxious on December 24, 2022, 11:07:56 AM

Title: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Siloxious on December 24, 2022, 11:07:56 AM
Hello

Does anyone have any tips regarding buying a buddyseat for my CB500 Four K1 - General Export in Europe?
I've been searching for a long time and if I don't find one, I'll have to buy a single seat. The buddyseat obviously looks better...

Thanks!
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Laverdaroo on December 24, 2022, 11:49:17 AM
Hello

Does anyone have any tips regarding buying a buddyseat for my CB500 Four K1 - General Export in Europe?
I've been searching for a long time and if I don't find one, I'll have to buy a single seat. The buddyseat obviously looks better...

Thanks!
Can you describe what you’re after and possibly a picture or two of similar. I don’t think I’ve heard the term ‘buddy’ seat before. Do you means seat big enough for Two people?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Bryanj on December 24, 2022, 12:17:26 PM
Me neither, never heard of a buddy seat
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Trigger on December 24, 2022, 01:40:04 PM
I would not even know what a buddy seat is . Parts list just shows it as a standard 500K1 seat  ::)
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Sesman on December 24, 2022, 01:46:24 PM
Here you go. It’s for a more commanding riding position.

Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 24, 2022, 01:47:26 PM
I guess its like a King & Queen seat but in one unit - sounds like an aftermarket thing.

Or it could be a mudguard seat add on to carry a third child passenger like you used to see in Spain.
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: deltarider on December 24, 2022, 04:02:01 PM
'Buddyseat' is the word we use a lot. Never had thought you Brits are not familiar with it and that you just use the word 'seat'. For us the short version is: 'buddy', like in: I've left my gloves on the buddy.
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: robvangulik on December 24, 2022, 04:11:47 PM
Its USA speak by origin, used allover the world except the UK. ;) BUT not to be found in any dictionnary, to my surprise!

What is funny, when I searched the .net forum for the word, the only 13 results came from you Delta!
But I admit I've known the word as long as I have been interested in motorcycles, some 60+ years I think ;D
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Sesman on December 24, 2022, 05:12:52 PM
For clarity I presume siloxious is simply seaking a seat for a 500K1 general export?
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Siloxious on December 26, 2022, 02:46:58 PM
Yes, indeed. I'm talking about the standard CB500 K1 - General Export seat.

Sorry, I didn't know it wasn't an official term. The seat I'm looking for is the one from the following link: https://www.cmsnl.com/products/seat-double-plastic-base_77200323050ap/.
The CMS one isn't available anymore, although they keep the status 'available' on their website.

Does anyone know where they sell these seats?

Thanks in advance!
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 26, 2022, 03:24:25 PM
https://4into1.com/search.php?search_query=77200-323-050&section=product

Postage costs will make it expensive if its one of these.
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Bryanj on December 26, 2022, 04:11:38 PM
Dave Silver used to do those as well but the plastic base ones do not fit very well in comparison to original, i have one somewhere
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: andy120t on December 26, 2022, 04:25:49 PM
Do any other model seats fit this? I assume any of the 550's with the earlier/ rounder petrol tank?
That might help if the bike is missing a seat entirely.
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 26, 2022, 04:39:20 PM
This looks like it might be the right one ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113053838429?hash=item1a5288ac5d:g:RBQAAOSwnvVbHi48&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwDUpS2Kf4Q908ySYkMCd999RrOVWLFEXNU2fYkycp8bJ48WqZWBS2qSSX%2FryGnIXowKwlXUTddaVpj13rtsKJe4MaZweeRmB15h1Sd0fetezQQnYoWp%2B4RgJXCasQ3O1BLzImgeGTVqB818YTNwAzRF%2Brt%2B76Cyuyp8FsnBXs1asHUbsj5TdLDRfbxPsARRQ%2Ffb6LtVzgR8Ac1sXNCoIfJa6S93zgsoQvC2ejLTy%2BE9PFeKX9SYdxbmuoVuklLuLSQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5b-3_SpYQ
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Oddjob on December 26, 2022, 06:03:34 PM
Plastic base Ted, they fit but they tend to rock back and too when fitted.

I have a NOS one but not sure if that's for sale until I have my special one made to replace it.

Best bet is to find a decent metal base and buy a new foam and then recover it with a decent cover.
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Siloxious on December 30, 2022, 11:48:34 AM
Dave Silver used to do those as well but the plastic base ones do not fit very well in comparison to original, i have one somewhere

By any chance, are you selling it? I'd be interested in buying it :)
Title: Re: CB500 Four K1 - General Export seat
Post by: Bryanj on December 30, 2022, 12:17:14 PM
Not really, i have more projects than seats