Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 27, 2022, 09:33:11 AM

Title: John Dodd owner of The Beast has died aged 90.
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on December 27, 2022, 09:33:11 AM
Sad news I remember his car being featured regularly in the press during the 1970's.
Title: Re: John Dodd owner of The Beast has died aged 90.
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on December 27, 2022, 10:00:12 AM
I'd never heard of him but as soon as I Googled it, knew the car. Quite a read and quite a character! 

Don't think one could use the word finesse when describing the car unless preceded by the words "lack of".
Title: Re: John Dodd owner of The Beast has died aged 90.
Post by: Bryanj on December 27, 2022, 11:52:53 AM
There is now as SD1 with a meteor engine in it running about but John Dodds was the first and to my mind the best
Title: Re: John Dodd owner of The Beast has died aged 90.
Post by: Moorey on December 27, 2022, 12:17:37 PM

  I saw him many times at Santa Pod and Elvington. Didn't the car once catch fire and burn out on a German Autobahn.
Title: Re: John Dodd owner of The Beast has died aged 90.
Post by: Bryanj on December 27, 2022, 01:45:42 PM
Yes, it was rebuiltwith different shape body
Title: Re: John Dodd owner of The Beast has died aged 90.
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on December 27, 2022, 01:53:04 PM
This is the article I read. Rolls Royce took exception. Courts, fines and fleeing abroad.

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/car-profiles/the-beast-john-dodd-car/
Title: Re: John Dodd owner of The Beast has died aged 90.
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on December 27, 2022, 02:29:05 PM
Excellent read.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk