Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Orcade-Ian on January 05, 2023, 09:51:46 AM

Title: Fuel pipe question F1
Post by: Orcade-Ian on January 05, 2023, 09:51:46 AM
Mornin' folks,
This bank of carbs I've just about finished (believed 72-73 CB500) has large holes in the alloy mounting plate for the flex fuel pipes to go through towards the head, originally to connect to the double outlet tap.  My tap has only one outlet so I've fitted a brass Tee piece.  Double outlet taps seem unavailable, even though they could be dismantled, i.e. not rivetted, so I'm wondering if 3&4 are likely to suffer starvation at WOT with this set-up.

Is everyone using the same set-up?

Ian
Title: Re: Fuel pipe question F1
Post by: mickwinf on January 05, 2023, 10:04:04 AM
My f2 had the same set up with one pipe from tap then split into two, had no problem with fuel starvation at high revs.
Title: Re: Fuel pipe question F1
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on January 05, 2023, 10:08:40 AM
Is it like this one?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373374934262?hash=item56eee15cf6:g:vXcAAOSwzlpgXvAV&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4MVFPy72CXxsrPG3rmlQNHbfBHUi8FzGe2KKmWWLo2KQeu%2BovfSTYE%2FGIeI3cAY54sqym1AmC4TiLYf55DEUTyLOSMPeGOPKS26JAwq4JNg0nyCfp4yNMrfTPVrd%2FZXvuf2arETLNy4rg8xvFtrN3K5nmybPXhMXKVNHfm9GPCaqnjziz5eE4GcV3tknGt8jgtbLO%2F9dtqUcyhkj537mSCNjWx0So%2FtxdwA1V%2BOUzpzdd7QY8UkGUr9TyZkF12Yie%2B5x1bEAd9yMzHrDGFPqC9Pd0vWfpg1eCHbOD%2BjGcNn2%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5Tkr5awYQ

Or this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285066732752?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D244883%26meid%3Dd5f85f9abd8748728847a8e2b82639ca%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D373374934262%26itm%3D285066732752%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv11WebTrimmedV3MskuWithRevOptLambda90KnnRecallV1&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851&amdata=cksum%3A285066732752d5f85f9abd8748728847a8e2b82639ca%7Cenc%3AAQAHAAABEPZqctS1aW2Gn1fMafrLrPa7%252BqLD2Pgo5GTgCDTJgIpBMBHaBHcFvdVGNBWeIytK8U7x8RargP9Bv5VZgW5ZIFPN%252FobtLoFVbnlzv6Cgaand%252BKN7i7JHecepWCTAxGqswGtLYf5hHPjaB422qfzcfacdrV4gXYjZtfM9yvoETyTLLPIE7GQSYNK%252F7rkyb42qbz63loO6G%252BbKl8fkDTiCEuGXm3W%252BYYcnxlpvekSRZbeLjPJLMQHd0mYsLk0sXKCSPHSam6e%252BKea8bZU6AUmVJvlk95tHM%252F4fVEMUfVih1eA7zmExNPBzST1zZGW3xMSufUW2G5BL2KrrnJW3dkBgl%252BLTB%252BmDNc2Sb3qWjBQ2NtZh%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A2047675

' I did see one listed before Christmas that was by the description a part built for the supplier to an original specification  but deleted the item from my watch list I think it was priced at around £24.


Title: Re: Fuel pipe question F1
Post by: SteveW on January 05, 2023, 10:19:40 AM
I bought a double outlet tap for my 550 K0 about 4 years ago from Wemoto in Brighton.
Title: Re: Fuel pipe question F1
Post by: Orcade-Ian on January 05, 2023, 10:42:25 AM
Hi Ted,
Thanks for the links and although they are double outlet, the fitting is different - the F type are threaded on to a spigot, like 400/4
I'll have a look at Wemoto, thanks Steve.  I can't see me wanting to wring its neck very often but wouldn't like to chance it when you suddenly need that extra bit - if yours had no problem Mick, then I might have to go with it if nowt else turns up!

Ian
Title: Re: Fuel pipe question F1
Post by: JezzaPeach on January 05, 2023, 11:04:11 AM
I have the standard 500/4 setup. I think I had starvation because the pipe to 3&4 had a slight upward loop at the mid point, plus my tank breather was a bit gummed up after over-filling, which I’ve given a few squirts of carb cleaner and put a rubber hose on the small hole in the cap to blow through.
If those are avoided, hopefully Mick’s findings will be repeated.
Title: Re: Fuel pipe question F1
Post by: Orcade-Ian on January 05, 2023, 11:28:46 AM
Thanks JezzaPeach,
I'll avoid any adverse pipe inclines, check the breather and see how it goes - I've emailed Wemoto as they no longer list the double outlet type.
I can't remember if my CBX 1000 had two outlets - that needed a fire hose for fuel with 6 thirsty mouths to feed.

Ian