Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Gilby50 on January 27, 2023, 03:53:23 PM

Title: Harness box
Post by: Gilby50 on January 27, 2023, 03:53:23 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for a 76 550f1 wiring harness box to tidy up the wires. part no. 32400-390-000. Does anyone have a spare/surplus one that they will sell me?  cms don't have any nor anywhere else that I have looked.   

I have a harness box for a 76 cb500t which I got with a donor bike which is obviously no use to me so if it is of use to anyone please let me know. part no.  32400-375-000

Cheers,   Peter   
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: Oddjob on January 27, 2023, 04:40:49 PM
Have you got the plate (50107-390-000) it mounts on? and the small rubber that goes onto that plate that fits inside the slot in the box (83621-333-000). Without those the box won't fit.

I've possibly got the box, fitted with a new stainless steel screw and circlip if I can find it.
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: Gilby50 on January 27, 2023, 05:41:56 PM
Yes, I have the plate and I think I have the rubber grommet as well.  I will check tomorrow.
Cheers, Peter
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: Gilby50 on January 28, 2023, 12:37:38 PM
Just to confirm., yes I have the plate and the rubber grommet that the box fits onto.   Just need the box if anyone has one spare.

Cheers,  Peter.
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: Trigger on January 28, 2023, 02:04:43 PM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354350383560?hash=item5280edc1c8:g:zPoAAOSw3QxjT~MK&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoEHsaB2Wv1zvaB4iKjYXRJGgTuX0gjNkF%2Bsdz4%2BykDpbgKjc8BM%2Fr0vSr8%2FB92ojUL88aBFoE58FGEIV%2FQAXwE6YUTV%2FqUAiwlCJYWVufT5wH4b2Ya2Dkg3JVnYC9gg1LsKgcIPzOcaeofBDfUSLD22aIJvRl8KjbMn7KBGiEqVq30%2FzcZUrVqRF9kAK%2BmIrljBu2dNkcKAncy%2FK7pSVnck%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-TT94q_YQ
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: Gilby50 on January 28, 2023, 05:44:07 PM
Many thanks Trigger. (bought) this didn't show up for me when I looked.

I still have this harness box for a 1976 cb500T.  It is free to someone who will use for their resto - all I ask is the cost of postage or can pick it up from Ripon, North Yorks.

Cheers all.  Peter
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: alexdecker on February 07, 2023, 06:53:06 PM
If it's part number 32400390000, there is one for sale for 18£ in Denmark right now.
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: Trigger on February 08, 2023, 01:37:51 PM
Many thanks Trigger. (bought) this didn't show up for me when I looked.

I still have this harness box for a 1976 cb500T.  It is free to someone who will use for their resto - all I ask is the cost of postage or can pick it up from Ripon, North Yorks.

Cheers all.  Peter

I just did a search for CB550 Box and it came up . When searching for parts, just don't complicate the search  ;)
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: andy120t on February 08, 2023, 05:12:29 PM
How does it work? Do all the wires from front and back just go into the hole and connect in there?
I have the metal bracket on a frame but assumed it just worked as a 👕shaped guide to stop all the wires/ connectors dropping onto  the engine.
Title: Re: Harness box
Post by: Sesman on February 08, 2023, 05:29:46 PM
Yup, cram em in, gently….