Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Martin6 on March 21, 2023, 10:42:13 PM

Title: Neutral Switch
Post by: Martin6 on March 21, 2023, 10:42:13 PM
Hi,

My neutral switch is bright when the bike's in neutral, dim in 1st and 2nd and extinguishes further up the 'box. I've searched on here and checked the wiring under the engine, which looks ok. I thought I would remove the switch and clean it, but with the locating screw undone, it will not budge. Is there a knack to getting it out?

Thanks, Martin
Title: Re: Neutral Switch
Post by: philward on March 21, 2023, 11:06:19 PM
From memory, with the bike in neutral, once you have taken the screw and locating tab off (and wiring eye screw) the switch should pull straight out - but the rubber o ring does hold it in firmly
Title: Re: Neutral Switch
Post by: Nurse Julie on March 22, 2023, 07:35:04 AM
The switch has two flat sides. Grip with a pair of long noise pliers, twist to break the seal and pull.
Title: Re: Neutral Switch
Post by: Martin6 on March 22, 2023, 08:21:22 AM
Thanks. Will do.
Title: Re: Neutral Switch
Post by: Martin6 on March 31, 2023, 08:20:20 AM
I'll look at this at the weekend. I did notice the neutral wire should be held from dangling by a small retainer on the bottom of the motor. Mine has corroded and no longer holds it. Does anyone have a part number for that, please?

Thanks,
Martin