Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: gary123 on April 12, 2023, 02:07:27 PM

Title: Where does this go
Post by: gary123 on April 12, 2023, 02:07:27 PM
Does it even come off a 550? Found it on the garage floor and dont remember taking it off.
(please dont say its out the gear box).[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Nurse Julie on April 12, 2023, 02:13:21 PM
Battery overflow pipe guide, it goes on one of the centre stand bolts
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: gary123 on April 12, 2023, 08:28:12 PM
Thanks Julie :)
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Laverdaroo on April 13, 2023, 10:19:34 AM
I found one of those in the workshopat the weekend, must have come in a bag of bits, Ive never seen one before. Any pics of where it goes/orientation etc and I might bob mine on.
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Bryanj on April 13, 2023, 12:19:20 PM
Look in the parts list on the centrestand page mate, its all on the dvd
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Laverdaroo on April 13, 2023, 12:27:43 PM
Doh, sitting in the kitchen drinking tea and didn’t think, of course


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on April 13, 2023, 01:17:03 PM
I haven't got one of those on my bike though it did have SS nuts & bolts on the stand clamps.

90514-323-000 part no longer available on DS.
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: mickwinf on April 13, 2023, 01:28:15 PM
I am sure I have a couple of those kicking about, I use sealed batteries so overflow not needed.
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Laverdaroo on April 13, 2023, 01:52:28 PM
Me too but plenty of other pipes to route, might come in handy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Johnny4428 on April 13, 2023, 06:08:25 PM
I am sure I have a couple of those kicking about, I use sealed batteries so overflow not needed.

If you’ve got one spare Mick?£££😜
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Laverdaroo on April 13, 2023, 06:43:44 PM
Bung is yer address Johnny, can’t find it and I’ll bob one in the post for you mate


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: mickwinf on April 13, 2023, 11:13:13 PM
Found 3 of them so 2 spare. Ted pm me your address and I will send you one and Johnny the same
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on April 14, 2023, 10:32:40 AM
I've PM'd you Roo.
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Johnny4428 on April 14, 2023, 11:41:36 AM
Me too also.😀
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Laverdaroo on April 15, 2023, 10:57:27 AM
Right, had a mail off Ted but not Johhny, Mick are you going to sort Johnny out and I'll bob one up to Ted?
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: mickwinf on April 15, 2023, 10:10:16 PM
yep got Johnny sorted
Title: Re: Where does this go
Post by: Oddjob on April 16, 2023, 03:17:18 AM
I found my bracket last night and it's not the same as that one. Mine has 2 holes, one for the battery breather pipe and a larger one for the engine breather pipe plus of course one for the bolt hole. Seems to be off a 550K3, I broke one many moons ago and maybe I thought it was better than the original 500 one, who knows. https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb550k3-four-england_model14671/guide-pipe_90514404670/