Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: neat street on April 17, 2023, 08:18:12 AM
-
good morning all
back to the forum after a couple of year in limbo, now have another CB, but 500 and in need of the carb rubbers or I believe someone here could soften up the old ones?
any help would be appreciated. thank you
-
Do you mean carb to airbox (available pattern) or carb to head ( still available oem) either way not worth trying to soften
-
I’ve tried the ‘softning’process with some success, using a wintergreen mix. It’s fine for a temporary fix, but for a more durable solution replacement is the only solution
-
Thank you both for your reply`s, I will find new ones :-)
as always, great quick responses, thank you.
-
I’ve tried the ‘softning’process with some success, using a wintergreen mix. It’s fine for a temporary fix, but for a more durable solution replacement is the only solution
Not strictly correct .. Ash treat me some with Reofos 50 and they stayed soft for years. Problem is it's hard to get hold of.
http://greatlakes.com/deployedfiles/ChemturaV8/GreatLakes/Flame%20Retardants/FR%20Products/Reofos%2050%20TDS.pdf
-
What’s the procedure TJ?
-
And where do you buy it from?
-
What’s the procedure TJ?
You leave rubbers immersed for about 8+ hours at 70 deg C in the stuff. Time really depends on how hard the parts are to start with i.e the harder the rubber the longer it takes.
Availability is an issue .. Ash got it from a polymer engineering company he used worked for yonks ago. The product name is Reofos508R
You could try contacting here though as I think they are stockists.
https://lanxess.com/
This may possibly be the UK guy.
mark.garside@lanxess.com
[attachimg=1]