Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: B11sey on April 18, 2023, 11:08:12 AM
-
I’m sure this has been covered before but does anyone know the correct colour to paint the engine cases. I’m thinking of creokote for the barrel and head and 2 pack for the crankcases.
-
No idea about creokote or 2 pack but we've always used Simoniz SIMVHT31D on Honda CB four engines.
-
I would do a bit of research before painting the engine with creokote and the effect this may have on keeping heat within the engine/oil and especially an engine relying on air to cool it.
-
If it's Cerakote and not Creokote (don't you paint sheds with that?) then it's a ceramic coating Dave and actually disperses heat better than the standard paint. It's powder coat that can hold heat in, not that I've ever found it an issue.
-
No idea about creokote or 2 pack but we've always used Simoniz SIMVHT31D on Honda CB four engines.
Out of interest: will this give a glossy or mat/dull finish/surface?
-
No idea about creokote or 2 pack but we've always used Simoniz SIMVHT31D on Honda CB four engines.
Out of interest: will this give a glossy or mat/dull finish/surface?
It's semi gloss, semi satin, so halfway in between satin and gloss. Very similar to OEM Honda finish. If you want any photos of the engines we've used it on, which is all the engines we've built for ourselves and customers, PM me your email address and I'll send some over to you.
-
All day long
Dupli-Color DE1615 Ceramic Aluminum Engine paint
Hard to get hold of now though in the UK ... much closer to original Honda enamel than any other IMHO
-
Is the Simoniz paint resistant to petrol?
-
Pretty much if you have baked it as per instructions.
-
I used to use a paint called Five Wheel Silver back in the day. Worked a treat