Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Matt_Harrington on May 02, 2023, 02:43:58 PM

Title: Seriously!?
Post by: Matt_Harrington on May 02, 2023, 02:43:58 PM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175709880088?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l3160&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=64b2fee95c444d1aa67d0791952e7c15&bu=43200040863&ut=RU&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20230502063534&segname=11021 (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175709880088?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l3160&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=64b2fee95c444d1aa67d0791952e7c15&bu=43200040863&ut=RU&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20230502063534&segname=11021)

Actually there are quite a few sets for sale around the £500 mark!!

And as for these - I'm speechless!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175709880096?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l1120&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=64b2fee95c444d1aa67d0791952e7c15&bu=43200040863&ut=RU&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20230502063534&segname=11021 (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175709880096?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l1120&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=64b2fee95c444d1aa67d0791952e7c15&bu=43200040863&ut=RU&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20230502063534&segname=11021)
Title: Re: Seriously!?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on May 02, 2023, 02:57:54 PM
On that basis my spare set of 400 carbs are better than Bitcoin. Lol
Title: Re: Seriously!?
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 02, 2023, 02:58:24 PM
There are some chancers (bandits) out there and he's one of them 😂😂😂😂😂
Title: Re: Seriously!?
Post by: Laverdaroo on May 02, 2023, 03:19:50 PM
They dont even look that good tbh, Ken's came out better to look at. It'd be cheaper to cast your own than pay that ;D


At least Dick Turpin wore a mask......................
Title: Re: Seriously!?
Post by: Oddjob on May 02, 2023, 03:25:20 PM
Awful restoration of those carbs, linkage rod hasn't even been touched. 

Choke mechanism isn't even set up straight, No.1 is master so all should be at the same level as that and they ain't.
Title: Re: Seriously!?
Post by: rbt1548 on May 02, 2023, 06:30:53 PM
There are some chancers (bandits) out there and he's one of them 😂😂😂😂😂

I  think a lot  of the prices are higher than what we might think reasonable due to the fact that some people are lazy and just try ebay.
A number of years ago when I  had my Commando I was looking for some pieces, and did look on ebay. There was a certain, well known, dealer in Norton parts had exactly the part I was looking for but it was used and in a bit of a state, I then checked his shops' website and found the same part NEW for less than the heap of a part he had on ebay. Obviously chancing his arm, but there is a good chance someone would buy it without checking other avenues for the part.
As long as people accept daft prices these people will charge them, I understand some parts may be difficult to get but have a good look about before paying high prices.
Title: Re: Seriously!?
Post by: Spitfire on May 02, 2023, 07:30:57 PM
Think I'd better put a padlock on my loft hatch as my spare CB750F1 carbs are up there all refurbished and ready to go.

Cheers

Dennis