Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Matt_Harrington on May 19, 2023, 05:58:20 PM
-
I was roasting yesterday in my M/C jacket with just a T under it. Any recommendations for a summer jacket (must have armour or at least the ability to add it)? Of course, it should be for the 'fuller figure'!
-
I’ve a Scott Leathets jacket that I don’t wear that’s armoured and waterproof Matt, want me to bring it down when I come? It’s been used three times and ‘wardrobes’.
I’ll send you a piccy later bud.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I suspect Roo that my 'fuller figure' will be a bit of a squeeze in your jacket! I'm sort of thinking of a cordura jacket with air vents. A mate last night suggested a Frank Thomas Air Flow so may nip down to West Bay next week to Helmet City to try something on. However, it might be worth looking at yours..... ???
-
A mate has one of these https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/590548
and rates it highly for the warmer days.
Its mesh to let air through and has a removal waterproof liner.
Comes with shoulder and elbow armour and pocket for a back protector.
-
Worth a try Matt, it’s way too big for me in the tummy and the arms are too long for me, was thinking it might be bob on for you.
Waterproof, breathable, waterproof outer not the inner shell crap where the jacket is soaking but you’re supposed to say dry inside
Back pocket, shoulders and elbows but had to rob the 3M armour for my other one.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230520/6275e18e1c310fb3c96e2009af60632c.jpg)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230520/fcf7fa717a4e4b21dd49c8e0b22c55f6.jpg)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230520/84beb3255138f77c4012c16cf39d5576.jpg)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
If Matt doesn't want it Roo I might be interested as I'm looking for something to wear on the continent when I go. My Rukka jacket is far too warm for that, plus I haven't managed to break it in yet, it's still like wearing cardboard even after 2 years, was out in it the other night and I noticed it's finally starting to relax a little. My leathers would be far too warm I reckon.
What size is it?
-
Looks like a large ('L') so maybe a tad small as I tend to go for an XL but certainly worth a try.....
-
It’s a L but an ample one.
Ken, I would say your Rukka is better on the continent mate. All I wear over there and never been let down or got too hot. Cities are different mind but riding and bobbing about they’re spot o as gortex. This is a heavy weave Codura .
If Matt can’t squeeze his Elfin like frame into it I’ll bob it up to you for a try on mate
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
No, leave it down there Roo, you never know I may pop down at some point. Fancy a run through the Cheddar Gorge.
-
You keep saying that but it’s about a mile long, goat infested and arseholes parking and walking in front of you. If you can manage an average of 25mm h down its length you’ll be doing well


Nice to look at mind
Some nice roads for a boat and we do have air BnB so come stay as a base and go for a mooch.
Be a bit off fun


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
You keep saying that but it’s about a mile long, goat infested and arseholes parking and walking in front of you. If you can manage an average of 25mm h down its length you’ll be doing well

Nice to look at mind
Some nice roads for a boat and we do have air BnB so come stay as a base and go for a mooch.
Be a bit off fun


Decode that please.
Nice road for a boat?
The Air BnB I understand but is it yours or somewhere close?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Some good roads for a blast…
Boat??
Come stay at ours we have loadsa room and use it as a base…
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
It’s a L but an ample one.
Ken, I would say your Rukka is better on the continent mate. All I wear over there and never been let down or got too hot. Cities are different mind but riding and bobbing about they’re spot o as gortex. This is a heavy weave Codura .
If Matt can’t squeeze his Elfin like frame into it I’ll bob it up to you for a try on mate
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elfin like frame indeed! :o :o
-
;) ;D