Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Matt_Harrington on June 20, 2023, 06:35:32 PM

Title: 400/4 primary chain
Post by: Matt_Harrington on June 20, 2023, 06:35:32 PM
I have been trying to find the reference to the alternative primary chain. Is this the correct one?
https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/kawasaki-parts/920571011 (https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/kawasaki-parts/920571011)
(I find searching on this forum a little difficult!)

Apart from the primary gear cush rubbers, is there anything that is sensible to replace on the rebuild? (I have all of the camchain parts etc)


Title: Re: 400/4 primary chain
Post by: Oddjob on June 20, 2023, 06:59:14 PM
Yep, that's the correct one Matt.

Personally for the price I'd replace as many of the roller bearings as you can find. The gearbox ones are special but the others are fairly standard sizes. Always replace the oil seals and any orings as you can spot. Not that many TBH. Nitrile will do in the engine. Always use new circlips if you remove any. Make sure you don't throw away the washer on the spring on the oil filter bolt.
Title: Re: 400/4 primary chain
Post by: Matt_Harrington on June 21, 2023, 09:23:19 AM
Thanks Ken. Will start putting together my list  ;)
Title: Re: 400/4 primary chain
Post by: Oddjob on June 21, 2023, 03:14:34 PM
I use Hendersons for my bearings, good selection and good makes, use Koyo, NTN or SBK if you can, in that order.
Title: Re: 400/4 primary chain
Post by: GC400 on July 05, 2023, 06:26:15 AM
If in uk-
I used simply bearings for bearings and circlips