Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: finbar on July 20, 2010, 06:11:37 PM

Title: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: finbar on July 20, 2010, 06:11:37 PM
Hi all, I'm looking for a recently restored (by the owner) CB400f to feature in an upcoming issue of Classic Bike magazine. Anywhere in the UK is of interest, but if it's in East Midlands/Yorkshire area, that would be a bonus. If anyone can help, please give me a ring on 07875 736021 or reply via the forum with a contact number or email address and I'll get straight back to you.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Gerard Kane, Classic Bike
Title: Re: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 20, 2010, 06:35:34 PM
Hi Gerard.

Can't help with the 400/4 I'm afraid but Jim Moore used our CB750K0 and my CB900FZ for recent features.

Good luck with the feature.
Maybe I could put you in touch with one of my old university mates who was clocked at 104mph on the Lewes bypass in 1978 on his 400/4 - he was also featured in "Bike" mag that year...    ;D

Steve
Title: Re: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: rigwit on July 20, 2010, 09:37:49 PM
comstars and strada's .........pitty you didnt get the 400n front end as double disk instantly........................
Title: Re: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: dave400 on July 24, 2010, 11:59:31 AM
comstars and strada's .........pitty you didnt get the 400n front end as double disk instantly........................


No comstars on my bike, those things look like dog doo doo  ;D

Cheers

Dave  ;)
Title: Re: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: finbar on July 26, 2010, 08:16:19 AM
Hi Dave,

I've sent you a couple of pms, but I don't think you've got them - my email has been playing up. Could you give me a ring on 07875 736021 please. Or, if you pm me a number I can get you on, it might get through to me now.

Thanks,

Gerard Kane, Classic Bike
Title: Re: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: finbar on July 30, 2010, 02:39:58 PM
Message for Dave400

Could you give me a ring Dave? That mobile number you gave me doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Gerard, Classic Bike
Title: Re: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: PatM on August 02, 2010, 08:22:34 AM
My Bros got a mint 400/4 in Swanley , Kent? Ive got a not-so-mint, but recently re-assembled one in Maidstone- if its of any help?
Title: Re: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: dave400 on August 18, 2010, 06:11:47 PM
Few more photos I found after our talk today.

Dave
Title: Re: cb400F for magazine feature
Post by: PatM on August 18, 2010, 08:29:04 PM
Gerard- I did respond to yor emails- I probably gave you the wrong No for my bro- (typo, Im known for it..) I cant post pics on this site of his 400/4 - maybe cos im not a full member.. but he brought a nice maroon one and then spent hudreds on it changin wheels, mudguards, tank, side panel- he has owned at least 4 in the past and loves them. Mines simply not good enough for an article.