Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: lordwhimsey on July 21, 2010, 08:10:34 PM

Title: How the blazers do I get these out?!
Post by: lordwhimsey on July 21, 2010, 08:10:34 PM
So far I've tried heating everything and knocking them out with a nylon hammer then with a metal hammer and a punch and then I tried pressing them out with a big G clamp; they haven't budged a millimeter!

Am I doing something wrong?

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4815580813_28364abe2f.jpg)
Title: Re: How the blazers do I get these out?!
Post by: matthewmosse on July 21, 2010, 09:18:39 PM
Why do they need to come out? Looks all tidy on top, I'd leave alone but try locking 2 nuts together and unscrewing them?
Title: Re: How the blazers do I get these out?!
Post by: lordwhimsey on July 21, 2010, 09:55:51 PM
Why do they need to come out?
Because I broke it :(

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4815868495_be11fe07b5.jpg)

I've got another cover with no rockers so I need to get these off. I don't think the double nut thing's going to work 'cos they're not screwed in; they seem to be held in by some powerful magic!
Title: Re: How the blazers do I get these out?!
Post by: matthewmosse on July 21, 2010, 10:26:27 PM
Hmm, vauge memories
I think pulling the rocker shaft out by screwing a 6mm bolt into the end of the rocker shaft, haynes and honda manual seem to agree, I'd have to go out to the shed to try on a spare to check, might get that done tomorrow, got to gather together to check some looms to sell anyways.
Title: Re: How the blazers do I get these out?!
Post by: Bryanj on July 22, 2010, 04:47:47 AM
BIG hammer and soft metal drift same as pushbike pedal cotter pins
Title: Re: How the blazers do I get these out?!
Post by: lordwhimsey on July 23, 2010, 10:24:13 PM
Thanks Bryan; that worked a treat!

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4821624633_bda88a592e.jpg)