Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on August 29, 2023, 04:35:08 PM

Title: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: AshimotoK0 on August 29, 2023, 04:35:08 PM
I have posted this guys video links before but this one is specific to re-chroming Honda bike bits. These people did my CB500K0 chroming but parts were nothing  like as rusty & pitted as these parts. I thought he had given up on the front guard in the video but it appears again at the end looking good.
https://youtu.be/dRvrWLHv8CU?si=mia0eKJROoqSsBlK
Title: Re: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: mickwinf on August 29, 2023, 05:52:45 PM
Just watched this, really interesting and labour intensive you can see why its expensive.
Title: Re: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: Multiman on August 29, 2023, 06:15:32 PM
Any idea of roughly how much this would have cost?
Title: Re: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: AshimotoK0 on August 29, 2023, 08:54:06 PM
They were pretty reasonable (£70 plus VAT for a rear 500k0 mudguard) when I used them but it may have been a 'Stafford Show' offer where they were actively seeking new business plus it was about 5 years ago. To  be honest I only ever use Prestige in Mexborough these days BUT  they dont do copper plating so some of those parts he did would not be accepted at Prestige.
Title: Re: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: Oddjob on August 29, 2023, 09:03:39 PM
Not a CX500 I don't think. More likely a CM500, handlebars were far too wide for a CX.
Title: Re: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: AshimotoK0 on August 29, 2023, 09:51:50 PM
Not a CX500 I don't think. More likely a CM500, handlebars were far too wide for a CX.

Yea Ken I thought they all looked a bit strange for a CX500 but I am no expert.
Title: Re: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: Athame57 on August 29, 2023, 11:47:52 PM
Not a CX500 I don't think. More likely a CM500, handlebars were far too wide for a CX.
Could it have been a CX500 Custom?
Title: Re: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: Trigger on August 29, 2023, 11:50:02 PM
Not a CX500 I don't think. More likely a CM500, handlebars were far too wide for a CX.

Yea Ken I thought they all looked a bit strange for a CX500 but I am no expert.

All the parts in the vid are CX500 custom Ash. That is why you don't recognize mate  ;)
Title: Re: Informative Chroming Video on CX500 parts
Post by: Trigger on August 29, 2023, 11:54:00 PM
Not a CX500 I don't think. More likely a CM500, handlebars were far too wide for a CX.
Could it have been a CX500 Custom?


You posted the same time as me George  ;)