Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: metalcatfish on August 07, 2010, 05:51:18 PM

Title: Exhaust's
Post by: metalcatfish on August 07, 2010, 05:51:18 PM
Hi, Anyone found any available aternatives to the motad system? I found this the other day, reputable firm I believe.
http://www.predatormotorsport.co.uk/shop/article_FH38/HONDA-CB550-FOUR-1974--4-1-PRE-BSI-4-1-S_S-SYSTEM.html?shop_param=cid%3D81%26aid%3DFH38%26 (http://www.predatormotorsport.co.uk/shop/article_FH38/HONDA-CB550-FOUR-1974--4-1-PRE-BSI-4-1-S_S-SYSTEM.html?shop_param=cid%3D81%26aid%3DFH38%26)
Title: Re: Exhaust's
Post by: Bryanj on August 07, 2010, 06:40:57 PM
Dave Silver sells BSM and Marchall did a deeptone one that sounds good,
Whichever you order make sure you get the correct one for the frame as there are 3 different silencer/centerstand brackets
Title: Re: Exhaust's
Post by: Dave M on August 08, 2010, 12:14:35 AM
I had a Marshall on my F2.

Looked good and sounded great.
Title: Re: Exhaust's
Post by: metalcatfish on August 10, 2010, 09:51:45 PM
I'd like a marshal system but cant find a supplier. Any one know where you can get em? Or if they still make em for 550's.
cheers
Title: Re: Exhaust's
Post by: Yoshi823 on August 10, 2010, 10:41:56 PM
These people advertise in Classic Motorcycle Mechanics... http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/index.html?http%3A//www.exactrep.com/acatalog/performance-parts.html&CatalogBody (http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/index.html?http%3A//www.exactrep.com/acatalog/performance-parts.html&CatalogBody)

Title: Re: Exhaust's
Post by: metalcatfish on August 12, 2010, 05:38:53 PM
The eagle system looks sweet on that site not sure about 600 quid plus though for a chrome set!
Title: Re: Exhaust's
Post by: Bryanj on August 12, 2010, 06:53:26 PM
looks like marshall is now part of laser try

http://www.asptrading.co.uk/acatalog/LASER_EXHAUSTS.html (http://www.asptrading.co.uk/acatalog/LASER_EXHAUSTS.html)

MAKE SURE YOU LOOK UP THE CORRECT 550 MODEL as brackets vary

looks like
Title: Re: Exhaust's
Post by: metalcatfish on August 13, 2010, 09:29:43 AM
Cheers bud, I'm not too woried about the differences, my frame has been modified anyway.
Thanks all
Title: Re: Exhaust's
Post by: andy120t on August 14, 2010, 12:27:15 PM
A friend of mine had Predator make up a stainless steel system for his GSX1100  a couple of years ago - and is very pleased with it.

I haven't personally used them but I've been in to make enquiries & they were very helpful.  Very easy to find in Welwyn too -suggest you head down there & have a chat with them.