Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: PMK on August 12, 2010, 07:15:39 PM

Title: Nostalgia
Post by: PMK on August 12, 2010, 07:15:39 PM
I found some of my old pictures and thought you might enjoy my CB900F

First as I bought it with a hideously restrictive exhaust

(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/PaulG80/CB900asbought.jpg)

The pipe was mega loud and it wouldn't rev past 7,000

Then I gradually sorted it and it was a great mile muncher

(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/PaulG80/CB900Sorted.jpg)

Note the micron exhuast and the GPz fairing it also had a LEDAR kit too, (remember them) it consisted of new main jets, a circlip spacer for under the diagphram and a plug for the idle jet.

Happy daze
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: mick on August 13, 2010, 11:16:32 AM
In 1980 i turned 17  ;D, after 2 Vespas & 1 Lambretta & 1 Yammie DT250 i got this my first & Last British bike  ;) i must have liked it because i bought and sold it 3 times  :o, it started life as a BSA B25 250 starfire 1969 and ended up as 350 B40 complete with ape hangers, Banana seat & reverse cone mega exhaust, my mate Alex still has it in bits somewere in one of his garages  8) (http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/mcpuffett/img032.jpg)
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: colin400four on August 13, 2010, 02:10:53 PM
Cool Pictures,

Here I am at the 1978 T.T Races, Boy did I feel cool,  :D  I loved that bike, Wish I still had it ..... The fairing and Ace bars were Brill !!

The fairing allowed me to fit an actual "tick tock" clock into it. The ammount of street cred it gave me with my mates ......... to actually be able to tell the time whilst posing, sorry I mean on the move was TOP !!!!  :D :D Time pieces on bikes now are common but then ...... I had to use one from a car which was huge but you could hide it's size under the fairing.

Sorry about the photo quality .


COLIN.
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Yoshi823 on August 15, 2010, 10:33:36 PM
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/My750047.jpg)
This was at the Dutch TT back in 1982, the first time that i'd ever been abroad. It rained...a lot. Hence the covered up K&N air filters that were a bit open to the elements.

(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/BikesBikesBikes261.jpg)
This is the missus sitting on the bike that would later be hers. This was in 1977.
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/BikesBikesBikes2112.jpg)
This pic is of her on the same bike back in 1984, just before we got married.
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Earlydays047.jpg)
This is the missus leaving me to look after the kids while she went out for a ride.

(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/BikesBikesBikes2142.jpg)
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/BikesBikesBikes270.jpg)
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Earlydays003.jpg)
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/My750005.jpg)
This was my 1978 CB750F2 back in 1979.

(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/BikesBikesBikes2008.jpg)
My brother attempts to start my CB125S back in 1976...lovely shirt Ian...

Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: colin400four on August 16, 2010, 05:49:17 PM
hi Yoshi823,

Cool CB 750F2 .......... Just Loved those Rickman Fairings, Still look drop dead gorgeous even today  :D :D

COLIN.
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: PMK on August 17, 2010, 09:06:00 PM
Time to go 1 up

(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/PaulG80/other/Moby.jpg)

Guess who got dared  ;D

It's a Mobylette fold up job. I swapped it for a crash helmet and I don't remember what I did with it.

Yes I know how they are worth now  :)
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Yoshi823 on August 17, 2010, 10:07:19 PM
I had a pair of those Frank Thomas boots...used them for green laning...
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on August 18, 2010, 07:54:08 AM
Had a PC50 as a first machine. Gladly I don't have any pictures to NOT post, as I do have some self respect.

My first bike I would admit to after this was a CD175 I inherited from my brother in a box. Built it up, painted it etc.  with little or no knowledge of these things, just basic mechanics know how from other tinkering. Surprised what these very humble bikes are worth now - even the PC50!
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: PMK on August 18, 2010, 08:24:05 AM
That wasn't my first bike.

I had at the same time as my CB900. I used to use it for diving round the shops or going to work in the summer
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Spitfire on August 19, 2010, 09:52:10 AM
Here's me and my 1964 BSA A65R at Union Mills on the IOM for the TT in 1970, still got the bike in a shed, all the nice bits are in the loft.

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Bikes%20that%20I%20have%20owned/IOM_BSA.jpg)

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Nostalgia
Post by: Yoshi823 on August 19, 2010, 01:32:34 PM
They did a nice pint of Castletown bitter at the Railway Tavern back in 1980.

It's Okells nowadays.