Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: manxseven on August 25, 2010, 10:30:33 PM
-
Hi Guys,
Just picked up a 1978 400/4 :)
Needs a bit or work so stand by for loads of questions.
This is all new to me, had a Aprilia RS250 a few years ago which was fun, but at 49 now need something a bit more sensible ;D
1st job is to get it going, it been stood a while, to make sure all is ok in Engine/Box dept.
I'll post some pics up over weekend, it is a Red one.
Cheers,
Simon.
-
Hi Simon, welcome to the site. Look forward to the pics, and if you need any help or advice fire away - loads of experience on here.
Phil
-
Welcome to the forum.
Used to ride the A272 to Petersfield regularly, but could never find a decent "biker meet" place.
Is there such a thing in your whereabouts??
-
Welcome to the forum.
A few years ago a friend offered me a go on his 400/4. He asked me to be careful. Imagine the look on his face when I said 'not bad but it wouldn't go much over 90'.
Nice bike to ride actually, incredible engineering.
-
Loomies is good. Keep going west from Petersfield on the A272. Next major junction is A32 - Loomies is right there.
Also try Alton Station Cafe - but check closing times as I've made the odd mistake and turned up to an empty car park...
-
welome to the site, and as an new owner of a 400-4, looking forward for the pics.
A few years ago a friend offered me a go on his 400/4. He asked me to be careful. Imagine the look on his face when I said 'not bad but it wouldn't go much over 90'. ...... cant have been set up properly then.
-
Loomies is good. Keep going west from Petersfield on the A272. Next major junction is A32 - Loomies is right there.
Also try Alton Station Cafe - but check closing times as I've made the odd mistake and turned up to an empty car park...
Sounds good. Will try that next decent week-end ride.
Do they do big fat greasy cheeseburgers with loads of melted onions??
-
Thanks for Welcome Guys :)
I have often been up the Compton Abbas Airfield, nr Shaftesbury and also Zig-Zag Hill ;D Great in a Caterham 7.
Brilliant Cafe there.
Bike was Registered 14 June 1978, I've taken some pics so wil work out how to upload them for you to see.
Cheers,
Simon
-
???
Can someone please post a link to "Resize Images" in Microsoft Downloads.
I can't find it ::) and I have some pics to post up, but they are too big at present.
Cheers,
Simon
-
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)
This is for XP
Steve
-
Sir,
I thank you :)
let see if it works ;D wooo hoooo :D
-
Any comments appreciated:
Thanks,
Simon
-
2 more