Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: Orcade-Ian on May 02, 2024, 05:58:47 PM

Title: Resizing picture facility
Post by: Orcade-Ian on May 02, 2024, 05:58:47 PM
Hi folks,
I've been using the picture resizing facility when posting but it seems to have disappeared now.  I usually take pics with iphone or ipad which are often over the 3Mb limit and in the past you were able to choose a smaller size after you had selected the desired image.  Is there an easy way around this?

Ian
Title: Re: Resizing picture facility
Post by: Johnny4428 on May 02, 2024, 06:35:25 PM
Ian, I had exactly the same problem, I posted on here maybe about 3 to 4 weeks ago. The easiest way I found round it was to screen shot the pics and post the screen shot, there was quite a few suggestions on here to get round it too. Annoying!😡
Title: Re: Resizing picture facility
Post by: Orcade-Ian on May 02, 2024, 06:46:43 PM
Thanks Johnny,
I'll give it a try - I was just out on the 550 today and wanted to post a bit about the trip.

Ian
Title: Resizing picture facility
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on May 02, 2024, 06:47:40 PM
I could increase the maximum size allowed. We have never busted the storage limit so I’m willing to risk it.

What size should I use?

RAW images from my son’s wedding in December ran to about 18Mb each (there were 600 of them).

I could raise it to 5Mb. Would that be enough?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Resizing picture facility
Post by: Orcade-Ian on May 02, 2024, 07:37:15 PM
Hi Steve,
Yes 5Mb would be enough - until Apple beggar about with the next iphone.  Do you have any idea why the resize facility disappeared?


Ian

Forgot to say, when I did a screenshot of the pic it went from 4.1 Mb to 10.8!
Title: Re: Resizing picture facility
Post by: Johnny4428 on May 02, 2024, 07:53:39 PM
Ian was that on the iPad or the phone? Ido mine on rhe iPad lower resolution. Steve that would be most helpful.
Title: Re: Resizing picture facility
Post by: Orcade-Ian on May 02, 2024, 09:10:31 PM
Hi Johnny,
That was the iphone today, but that synced with the ipad which is where I started to put the post earlier - easier than the small phone keyboard.  Still don't know why the system doesn't have a resize facility now,
Ian
Title: Re: Resizing picture facility
Post by: Johnny4428 on May 02, 2024, 09:16:49 PM
Not sure Ian must have changed with a software update, so annoying.
Title: Re: Resizing picture facility
Post by: Orcade-Ian on May 02, 2024, 09:42:28 PM
I managed to do a workaround for today's pics.  I emailed them to myself and had the choice of keeping original size or reducing when attaching.  Picked reduce, then saved them to photos and they were about 1Mb, down from 4.1.
Apologies to Steve, perhaps best not to increase permitted size - the 'slack' might be needed for something else.

Ian