Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Athame57 on May 04, 2024, 03:37:40 PM
-
I'm on a hunt for some seals, and I don't mean with a club either! ;D When I had my recent engine rebuild done, they mechanic told me that the large seal for the oil pump wasn't in the seal kit I had supplied. I got that part from DSS no problem but it turns out there are some very small seals that also ought to be changed (why not say before?) as I've still got some leaking I'll endeavour to get them.
They are parts 285 and the twice numbered (?) 286/7 0n the CMSL diagram I've posted here. https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb400f-england_model14639/partslist/E01-3.html .
The seals numbered 285 (part # 91302044013) on the picture I can get from DSS as they are in stock, but 286/7 isn't in the associated parts list on the CMSL page I just linked, so I can't pull up the proper part number/s to put into the DSS search box, so I'm stuck. Can anyone help?
-
Julies kit contains all the O rings for a 400.
-
Julies kit contains all the O rings for a 400.
I'll remember that for next time, but well, y'know... I'm only after two little ones! ;)
-
Might be worth asking Julie I believe she assembles the kits from her stock of Ob rings.
-
Might be worth asking Julie I believe she assembles the kits from her stock of Ob rings.
Will do. ;)
-
Julie sells her full kit seal kit for £13.75 and she gives forum members a bit of discount so well worth the money especially when you consider I recently bought two genuine Honda o-rings (oil gallery plugs) and they were £7 and £5 respectively!
I'd buy the full set and then you'll have some spares 👍
-
Old topic I know but the info may help someone searching for this in the future.
The missing part number on the CMS website does appear on the same website if you search another model, the USA version of the 400-4 has a different parts book, laid out in a much better order, more like it should be IMO, this parts book lists the missing number.
https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb400f-super-sport-400-four-1975-cb400fk0-usa_model444/partslist/E++12.html
For info, the size of the missing part is also shown and is readily available on Ebay etc. The other dowel ring shown as 6.9 x 1.5mm however isn't. You'd need to either buy genuine Honda or have them specially made, same for the large ring at 62.4 x 2.5mm, the one missing behind the cover is I believe available from Honda as part number 91303-377-000 and is 13.8 x 2.5mm, again not a readily available size and special order to have them made.
-
Legendary sleuthing there Fester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Hi, does Julie still do the O ring kits?
-
Hi, does Julie still do the O ring kits?
Yes, I still do the kits 😊😊😊
-
Hi Julie, just sent you a message.
-
Hi Julie, just sent you a message.
Many thanks Dave.