Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on May 14, 2024, 04:25:38 PM
-
My side stand when it is in the up position is pretty much touching the front pipe on number one cylinder.
As my bike had a 4:1 system it was not an issue on the old silencer.
Before I look at trying to move the exhuast a tad is there any other possible explaination?
The Delkevic system comes with a large single rubber grommet what is this for?
There is a square rubber fitted for the centre stand.
-
I had the same problem with my 4/4 set from silvers. It would clang on the pipe coming up.
Bit of a bodge, but I stuck a tiny piece of 1/8" rubber against the stop.
Phil
-
I had the same problem with my 4/4 set from silvers. It would clang on the pipe coming up.
Bit of a bodge, but I stuck a tiny piece of 1/8" rubber against the stop.
Phil
Ah interesting I'm looking at a similar option. I did do a site search but could not find much. I'm looking at a similar option as the silencers sit nicely otherwise.
I can almost get two fingers between the frame and number one front pipe. The other side for number four is identical almost two finger gap, so I don't think the pipe is to blame.
-
The Delkevic comes with its own rubber block for the side stand, the OEM rubber one won't fit.
Edit..... Centre stand, not side stand 🙄🙄🙄
-
The Delkevic comes with its own rubber block for the side stand, the OEM rubber one won't fit.
Do you mean the side stand or the centre stand Julie?
The system comes with a square grommet fitted to number two silencer iirc.
There is also a loose large grommet in the Delkevic kit.
-
The Delkevic comes with its own rubber block for the side stand, the OEM rubber one won't fit.
Do you mean the side stand or the centre stand Julie?
The system comes with a square grommet fitted to number two silencer iirc.
There is also a loose large grommet in the Delkevic kit.
Sorry Ted, yes, The Delkevic comes fitted with the centre stand rubber fitted to the exhaust but there wasn't another rubber in the Delkevic kit. The side stand doesn't have any stop on the exhaust, it just butts up against the metal of the frame.
[attachimg=1]
-
In the sealed bag with all the brackets & fittings was this Grommet.
Could it be an item used on different models that the exhuast also fits so it replaces the square one in silencer pipe two?
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53721976305_7f2fbc72fa_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2pReaUM)Exhibit 1 (https://flic.kr/p/2pReaUM) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
-
In the sealed bag with all the brackets & fittings was this Grommet.
Could it be an item used on different models that the exhuast also fits so it replaces the square one in silencer pipe two?
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53721976305_7f2fbc72fa_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2pReaUM)Exhibit 1 (https://flic.kr/p/2pReaUM) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr
Nope, never had that bit in the box Ted, everything that was in with the exhausts is in the photo above. I wonder what that is 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
-
My box contained three different sets of bags this Grommet was in the bag in this photo top left.
.(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53721978069_5338d85343_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2pRebrc)unboxed 4 (https://flic.kr/p/2pRebrc) by Macabe Thiele (https://www.flickr.com/photos/187487200@N03/), on Flickr