Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Dolomite_ on May 16, 2024, 07:49:48 PM

Title: Engine assembly questions/tips
Post by: Dolomite_ on May 16, 2024, 07:49:48 PM
It's almost time to start putting my engine back together, just waiting for the last bits to be aqua blasted and bolts zinc plated.

Just thought I'd ask the question again, what assembly lubes would people recommend? I've seen quite a few mentioned.

Should I put anything in the cylinders? I've seen people mention a few drops of oil, graphite lube, and nothing.
Title: Re: Engine assembly questions/tips
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 16, 2024, 07:59:03 PM
Graphogen on all new surfaces that are going to touch each other, a drop of oil on everything else, except underneath the shells, you fit these dry.
Title: Re: Engine assembly questions/tips
Post by: Dolomite_ on May 16, 2024, 09:37:14 PM
So just a drop of oil in the cylinders too?
Title: Re: Engine assembly questions/tips
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 16, 2024, 10:05:59 PM
So just a drop of oil in the cylinders too?
Graham would have left lube on the bores after he did the rebore for you Lukas. Either Graphogen or red  lube guard.